"It's Okay To Cry"

Summary : Louis is Harry's shoulder to cry on . Literally .

Enjoy x

~~

It'd been twenty four hours since Louis returned from his break .

The couple spent their entire morning together , glued to each other like a life line .

Harry had this ache in his chest the entire day , his head was a bit fuzzy and stomach turning . He had a lot on his mind , he was thinking and thinking and thinking . 

He pushed everything away and focused on LouisLouisLouis , didn't let the thoughts drown him .

Louis saw through him , though .

Louis could tell he wasn't okay , that he was in his lost in his head ; the sad stares , slightest twitches of his nose , his adam's apple moving when he swallowed thickly .

He was currently watching Harry looking through the fridge for ingredients for dinner , Harry closed the doors , "We need to go grocery shopping . We're just out of everything ."

"We can go tomorrow morning ." Louis nodded , "So we're ordering ?"

Harry walked over to Louis , who was sitting ontop of the counter , "Yes , anything you want ?"

Louis put his hands on Harry's biceps , "I want to talk ."

"To talk ." Harry repeated .

"Yes ." Louis moved Harry a bit away and jumped off the counter , he took Harry's hand and pulled him along .

Harry easily followed his lead , he wasn't sure what was going on , why Louis wanted to talk , what did he want to talk about .

Louis walked with Harry into the living room and pushed Harry to sit down on the couch , then sat himself in Harry's lap facing him . Harry's hands instinctively grabbed his waist as Louis made himself comfortable , wrapped his arms around Harry's shoulders and crossed his ankles behind Harry's back .

He held Harry in a warm cuddle , "Hazzie talk to me ."

Harry held him just as warmly , face in Louis' shoulder where the massive shirt he was wearing fell off , showing his soft skin . "What do you want to talk about ?" He asked .

Louis pulled back a bit with a sad frown on , he cupped Harry's face , "You're not okay , Hazzie . I can see that . You're so sad and - and you're lost in your head . Talk to me about it , whatever it is that is heavy on your chest ."

Harry blinked at him once , twice . "I'm feeling okay , baby . So much better , now that you're back ."

"I don't buy that ." Louis shook his head , "Don't lie to me . I know you're not okay , and I want you to talk to me . Trust me with your thoughts - it's just me , Hazzie ." He caressed Harry's face with his thumbs .

Harry stared into his eyes , feeling the ache in his chest growing . His lips were turned downwards in a sad pout , he tried shaking his head but Louis held his head tighter in his hands , "Stop it ."

"I'm --"

"It's okay to cry , Hazzie ." Louis said quietly , "It's just me . Just me and you ." He could feel the slight tremble of Harry's jaw in his hands as he tried fighting it .

Harry held himself together , fought his way through the emotions he tried pushing away . He didn't notice the grip he had on Louis' waist tightened until Louis grabbed his hands and moved them from his waist to behind his back .

Louis wrapped his arms around Harry's shoulders and cuddled around him , "It's okay to cry ." He said quietly again , "Trust me with your feelings ."

Harry slowly crumbled , he turned his face to hide in Louis' shoulder as he let his tears out , breath shaking , shoulders trembling just the slightest with every breath .

Louis held him tighter , he pressed himself closer to Harry and gave him a tight , long squeeze . He felt tears stinging his own eyes ; second time Harry was crying and it was just as hard as the first time .

He rubbed Harry's back , brought one of his hands up to the back of his neck to caress his skin . He squeezed him with his arms and legs , melting into Harry's arms that clung around him .

They stayed silent for a while , until Harry calmed down . Neither of them checked the time , neither cared . Louis waited for Harry to be the one pulling back from the cuddle first , let him decide for how much longer he needed the cuddle .

Harry lifted his head up , he stayed silent as Louis moved to look at him , his small hands on his cheeks and thumbs wiping away the wetness of the tears . Louis stayed silent as he waited for Harry to talk on his own time .

Harry tucked his hands under Louis' shirt for skin to skin contact before he started talking . "I'm relieved that you're back . That you're okay . It still hurts to know that I pushed you into leaving . --"

"I didn't leave because of you , Hazzie ." Louis shook his head , "I left because of me ."

"I don't blame you for leaving . I blame me for not taking proper care of you ." Harry's palms pressed against Louis' waist under his shirt . "Not knowing where you are drove me crazy . It was harder knowing that I had every mean to find you but couldn't use them ."

The couple were silent for a few moments as Harry collected his thoughts .

"I never thought anyone could have this effect on me . Never thought anyone would ever make me like this ." Harry whispered , "I never realized you became my lifeline . I've known from the beginning that you were my missing piece - but I had to lose you to understand the size of the space you filled in my life , in my heart ."

"You never lost me ." Louis shook his head with tears in his eyes .

"It felt like I did . Like I pushed you into leaving , like I left you no choice but to walk away , even if it was for a while ." Harry's eyes were glossy again , "I know that me and my life are hard to accept , and when you accepted me - with this lifestyle - I tried my hardest to protect you from every bad aspect of it . I really did . And still , you walked away ."

"I'm not blaming you at all Hazzie - I never did ." A tear fell down Louis' cheek , "I took a break because I was too weak to handle this --"

"You are not weak ." Harry cut him off , shaking his head , "You are not weak , baby . You are the strongest person I know ."

Louis let out a wet chuckle , "Stronger than you ?"

"So much stronger than me ." Harry kissed him gently , "You're strong for staying . You're stronger for leaving . Put yourself first , always ."

"I didn't enjoy leaving , you know . I - I needed it but I didn't enjoy it ." Louis cuddled back into his chest , arms around his shoulders .

"In a way , we both needed it ." Harry held him tightly , "I'm just relieved that you're back , that you're okay ."

They stayed cuddled up for longer in silence , Harry pulled his head back a bit to press his lips to Louis' cheek , "I love you ."

"I love you ." Louis held his face as he kissed him , a gasp leaving his lips when he was picked up and laid on his back on the couch with Harry ontop of him .

Harry held himself on all fours above Louis , "Late dinner , okay ?"

"Okay ." Louis nodded , he wrapped his arms and legs tightly around Harry before he was picked up again and carried up the stairs .

~~

Hope you liked it x

~Author