"That's What Friends Are For"

Summary : Niall asks for a bit of help .

Enjoy x

~~

It was almost three in the morning , when Louis' phone started ringing . He jumped up into a sitting position in bed , Harry woke up beside him , "Who the fuck is calling you in the middle of the night ." He asked , Louis picked his phone up from the beside table with a frown , looking down at the screen , "Niall ?" He asked himself , before answering the call .

"Niall , hey , is everything okay ?"

"Louis I'm so so fucking sorry for calling in the middle of the night ." Niall said , sounding out of breath . "Someone just shot at my apartment , shattered my windows completely . I didn't know who else to call ."

Louis' frown deepened , turning to Harry to see if he could hear Niall too . Harry , who was leaning close to Louis' phone , heard him clearly . He took Louis' phone from his hands and stood up from bed , "Niall this is Harry . Are you alone at your apartment ?"

"Harr --  yes , yes I'm alone ."

"Don't move , don't go anywhere . We'll be there soon , I'll send one of my teams over with police investigators ." Harry walked into the walk-in closet room to get dressed , Louis jumped out of bed and followed him .

"Alright , okay . Okay ."

"Text your address to Louis , we'll be there in a bit ." Harry said and hung up the call .

~~

Harry parked his Range Rover outside Niall's apartment , where two Rovers and another police car were already parked . The couple jumped out of the car , Louis quickly spotted Niall and ran over to him , wrapping him in a hug , "Were you hurt ?"

Niall hugged Louis back , "No , I'm good . I got back from a night out and was almost asleep , then heard those gunshots and my windows completely shattered . It was fucking scary ."

Harry joined them , "Niall ." He grabbed his hand and shook it , "How are you feeling ?"

"Still shaken up , I think ." Niall sighed , "But I'm good overall ."

"Is this the first encounter you've had with whoever did this ? Or were there other times where weird things happened ?" Harry asked , a police investigator joined them to take notes .

"Well , other weird things happened . But nothing that seemed serious , or like anything I should pay attention to ."

"How long has this been happening for ?"

"The past month , I think . A month ago I got a few texts from an unknown number , about how I should be watching my back and to leave the city ."

"Show me the texts ." Harry held his hand out , Niall opened his phone and handed it over to Harry . Harry looked over the texts and nodded to himself , handing it back to Niall , "Send those screenshots to this number ." He scribbled down a phone number , "My cyber security team will look into it . What else happened ?"

"A few days after those texts I got a phone call , but no one was on the other end . The number was blocked too , it was a few seconds call and I hung up . Then a week later this box was sat on my doorstep , when I opened it there was a toy gun in there . Just a small toy gun . Then it was quiet for like two weeks , until now ."