"The Drill"

Summary : The first time Harry told Louis to call and text him when he's out , Louis thought it was a joke .

Enjoy x

~~

Louis giggled quietly against Harry's lips , his hands pushing half-heartedly at his shoulders , "Harry , please , I need to go ."

Harry had his arms wrapped around Louis' waist tightly , he was half-sitting half-leaning on his desk in his office to lower himself to Louis' height , with Louis standing between his knees . He couldn't get enough of kissing Louis , and he couldn't help but smile when Louis started to laugh a bit .

"You're so cute ." Harry pulled back from the kiss and rubbed his nose gently against Louis' , "Do you have to go though ? I'm not done kissing you yet ." He kissed him once more .

Louis blushed , "I do , I need to go get some stuff for Odin , and I have this list that's been waiting long enough ." He ran his fingers softly through Harry's hair , "If I don't go then I'll forget about it again ."

"Give that list to one of the guards and he'll buy everything , while you stay here with me and kiss me some more ." Harry leaned closer , Louis giggled and leaned back away from him , "No , stop it . I'm going there myself ."

Harry pursed his lips as he eyed Louis for a few more moments , then kissed him one last time , "Alright ." He released his arms from around him , moving his hands to rest on his waist , "You have to promise me something ."

"What is it ?" Louis traced his jawline , Harry leaned into his touch , "You have to call me if anything is wrong . You have to text me when you get there , to which stores you go into . Send me pictures too , I want to know you're okay at every second you're out there ."

Louis bit his lower lip not to laugh , "I promise ."

Harry stole one more kiss before standing up from the desk , letting Louis go , "Go before I change my mind and hold you hostage ."

~~

Louis drove to the shopping centre , parking his car and locking it after he got out . He took the list out of his jacket pocket and looked around the stores , going into the pet store first to finish with Odin's necessities first .

He finished with the pet store and loaded everything into his car , before he continued to other stores in the centre . He made a stop at a coffee place and ordered hot chocolate and a muffin , sitting at one of the tables outside .

He pulled his phone out of his pocket , eyebrows raised when he saw he got multiple texts and missed calls from Harry . Just as he was about to press the Call button he heard loud car screeches , and when he looked up his eyes widened when he saw three black Range Rovers pulling up in front of him .

He relaxed a bit when Harry stepped out of one of the cars , but then kept his lips pursed when he saw his hard expression , and that he was wearing his combat shirt , trousers and boots .

"You didn't call ." Harry shook his head , "You didn't text . You didn't answer me ."

Louis bit his lower lip , "My - my phone is on silent ." He mumbled .

Harry took a deep breath before turning to his men , "Check out the area , tell me if you see anything suspicious ." He told Victor , who nodded and turned to give more orders to the two teams .

Harry turned to Louis and walked closer , pulling out the chair next to him and sitting down . Louis pouted a bit , his gaze lowered , "Sorry for worrying you ."

"Baby , why didn't you do what I asked ?"

Louis thought back to Harry's request , and before he could stop himself he was smiling , a tiny giggle leaving his lips . "I - I thought you were joking ."

Harry blinked . "You thought I was joking ?"

Louis giggled a bit louder and nodded , Harry pushed back his own smile at hearing Louis giggling . "Why did you think I was joking ?"

"I don't know , it just - sounded a bit extreme , and I thought you were joking . I would've really called if anything was wrong , but I thought that texting every time I walk into or leave a store is just funny ." Louis covered his mouth as he laughed lightly .

Harry leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms over his chest , smirking a bit when Louis' gaze dropped to his biceps and chest . Louis realized he was caught and looked away blushing , Harry grabbed Louis out of his seat and brought him into his lap , "I can't even be mad at you . You're just adorable ."

"Were you really mad ?" Louis asked quietly , Harry pecked the corner of his lips , "Only a little bit . For , like , barely three seconds ."

"I didn't mean to make you mad ." Louis' mood dropped a bit at the thought of Harry being mad at him , Harry shook his head , "I'm not mad , baby . Hey , no frowning ." He caressed his cheek , "I'm not mad ."

"I'll text you next time . And call , and send pictures , and e-mail you , and pin my location on our chat , and --"

"Shh , baby , it's alright ." Harry squeezed him a bit , "I'm doing all of this to keep you safe , go along with it so I can be more peaceful about you going out in the city ."

Louis nodded , "Okay ."

Harry kissed him gently , before grabbing Louis' hot chocolate mug and bringing it closer to him , "Drink , baby , before it gets cold ."

A waitress approached them and took Harry's order of coffee , Harry handed her a few bills and told her to keep the change .

"Is it good ?" Harry asked as Louis took a bite of his muffin , Louis nodded and fed it to Harry with a smile , "Sweet , isn't it ?"

"You're sweeter ." Harry found himself saying , smiling when Louis blushed a bit .

The waitress returned with Harry's coffee , Harry watched as she placed the mug on the table . Louis thanked her quietly and waited for her to be far away enough before turning to Harry , "When are you going to learn to say 'thank you' when people are doing nice things for you ?"

"The day you'll learn how to properly punch someone ." Harry smirked , Louis huffed and tried moving off his lap , though Harry held him tighter , "I'm teasing baby ."

"I'll get you to say 'thank you' , you just wait ." Louis poked him in the chest , Harry moved his fringe from his forehead , "To be honest , you're the only one with a chance ."

~~

Hope you liked it x

~Author