Crisis

Summary : Harry goes through a crisis and tries to push Louis away .

~~

Louis knew that something was wrong . It was too evident and couldn't be ignored .

Three weeks prior , there was a two-days operation in the city . Harry and his entire security force , along with police forces , were out from Tuesday early in the morning , returning Wednesday past midnight .

On Thursday , when Louis came by Harry's office around brunch time , Harry was standing in front of his coffee machine , hunched over and moving slowly around .

Louis pouted a bit , he walked over and put his small hand on his back , "Hazzie ." He frowned when he looked at his face ; Harry looked out blanked out , as if he wasn't really there .

Harry turned his head to look at him , just stared down at him for a few seconds , before pulling Louis into his chest to hug him . Louis hugged him tightly , closed his eyes and rubbed his back . 

They stood there hugging quietly for a bit , Louis lifted his head up without pulling away from the hug , "Go sit at the couch , I'll make your coffee and come sit with you ." He lifted himself up on his tiptoes and kissed him quickly , Harry leaned down to kiss him once more before letting go and going to the couch .

Louis quickly fixed Harry's coffee cup , making himself a cup of tea while he was at it . He took the two cups carefully with him to the table in front of the couch , placing the two cups down before he sat next to Harry , his hand grabbing Harry's hand .

"Is it about the operation ?" Louis asked softly .

Harry nodded and gave Louis' small hand a squeeze , though still stayed silent , not saying a single word .

Louis shifted closer and laid his head on Harry's shoulder , throwing his arm over Harry's chest . "You don't have to tell me what went on over there , but I'm here to listen incase you do want to share ."

Harry pressed his nose to Louis' hair , pressing a few kisses to his head .

In those three weeks since that day , things were getting worse for the couple . 

They didn't fight or argue , but Harry wasn't talking . He wasn't saying words , wasn't speaking . He wasn't ignoring Louis , but he was barely talking . Not just to Louis , to anyone around him . Liam , Laura , Zayn .

Then , on Thursday evening three weeks since the operation , Harry finally broke .

Louis walked into Harry's office in the evening , eyes falling on Harry , who was sitting at the round dining table in front of the large glass windows , a bottle of alcohol in front of him and a half full glass .

"Harry ."

Harry drank the rest of the drink and put his glass down , wiping his mouth with the back of his hand as he leaned back in the chair . "I can't do this anymore ." His voice was rough and scratched .

Louis frowned and walked over to him , sitting at the chair next to him . He gently grabbed Harry's chin and turned his head to look at him , frowning deeper at the sad look on his face ; he almost looked physically in pain .

"What is going on ?" Louis asked in almost a whisper , "What can't you do ?"

Harry stared at him for a few seconds , before exhaling from his nose in a sad manner . "I can't do us anymore , I can't do this to you ."

Louis felt like he was stabbed in the chest . His hand slowly dropped from Harry's chin , though Harry grabbed his hand with both his large hands and held it tightly .