Nightmares

Summary : The nights following the discovery about the plotted kidnapping Harry prevented , Louis has nightmares .

Enjoy x

~~

It was later that same day of the operation , after Harry told Louis about the plotted kidnapping . He didn't let Louis leave his side , for both of their sakes ; he needed to know Louis was okay at any second , and Louis was overwhelmed and too terrified to leave Harry's side .

They drove back home to the mansion in silence , Harry kept glancing at Louis during the ride . Louis' expression was blank , still overwhelmed . He was tense and his thoughts were running and running , making him tired .

Harry parked the car in the garage and turned the car off , getting out and going around it to open the door for Louis . Louis stepped out of his seat and watched as Harry closed the door behind him , before holding his hand out silently .

Louis took Harry's hand in a gentle grip around his knuckles , Harry held his hand just as gently as he walked them towards the door , punching the code in and letting Louis in first . They went through the security room , which was filled with Harry's ammo , towards the door leading to the first floor .

"Would you prefer to shower or take a bath ?" Harry asked as he turned to face Louis , standing at the bottom of the stairs leading to the second floor .

"Shower ." Louis said quietly , Harry nodded and took Louis upstairs to their room . he walked Louis into the bathroom and grabbed a clean towel along with a robe , placing the two in the mini-drier to warm them up . He then left to go to the walk-in closet , fetching clean and soft clothes for Louis to wear .

"Take as long as you need , baby . I'll be in my office ." Harry grabbed his hand gently again , Louis wrapped his hand around Harry's before he could pull away , "W-Wait ."

Harry stood still in front of Louis , waiting for him to talk again . He didn't say a word though .

"You're safe here . I'm here and I won't let anyone do anything to you , ever ." Harry shook his head , tracing the back of Louis' hand with his thumb , "It's just us two in the house . No one else . Call my name and I'll be right here ."

Louis nodded slowly , watching as Harry kissed his hand a few times before walking out of the bathroom and closing the door behind him .

~

Harry looked at the watch ; The water was running for over thirty minutes . He finished his work quickly and saved it up before leaving his office to go back to the bedroom . He prepared clean clothes for his own shower , when he finished he heard the water shutting off .

It took Louis fifteen more minutes to open the door ; the room was steamy , and Harry couldn't help but notice that Louis' skin was red from under his clothes . He didn't say a word , just pressed a soft peck to his forehead before going in to shower himself , not bothering to close the door behind him .

He showered properly , as he knew Louis always asked him to clean himself thoroughly before getting in bed to cuddle with him . He finished and stepped out of the shower , drying quickly and pulling on a pair of boxers and a pair of sweatpants . He stepped out of the shower to see Louis sitting in bed , staring down at the sheets .