A Break

Summary : Louis needs a break from the mafia lifestyle .

A long and emotional one , sorry for your tears ):

Enjoy x

~~

Harry looked down at Louis , a frown on his face ; Louis' been deep in thoughts , not focusing on the movie he picked . It's been almost two weeks since he first noticed the slightest change in him , though Louis smiled through it and told him he was just in his thoughts and probably overthinking .

He held Louis closer and kissed his forehead , Louis looked up at him with a gentle smile and pressed a kiss to his jawline , before pressing his face against Harry's neck .

"Baby ."

Louis hummed , Harry rubbed up and down his arm that was laid across his middle , "You don't have to talk to me about it if you don't want to . I won't force you to . But know that whenever you're ready to talk , I'll be there ."

"I know ." Louis whispered , "I'm just thinking about things ... not even sure what . Still trying to make up my mind ."

Harry nodded and kissed his head , he gave Louis a squeeze , "I'm here for you , baby . Always ."

~~

The more time went by , the better Louis understood what he was feeling - and for some reason , it made him upset . He didn't know if he was upset with himself , upset with the situation , upset with the thoughts he was trying to push away - maybe it was a mix of it all .

The first step for him was understanding why he was off in the first place . Which he understood why he was feeling that way . The second step was trying to overcome it - but when a certain thought crossed his mind , he immediately pushed it away . He didn't want to get to that point .

Easier said than done ; the more time went by , the more sure of his thoughts he was . It upset him to think that way , it upset him that he had to get to that point . He was pushing everything away , pushing all the thoughts and feelings away - until he couldn't anymore .

~~

Thursday afternoon , Louis buzzed the door open to Harry's office in the building , pushing the door open and stepping halfway inside . "Hazzie ?"

Harry looked up from the computer screen , "Hey baby . Anything I can help with ?" He asked , "Come in , why are you standing at the door ."

Louis stepped into the office , hands trembling just a bit as he took slow steps towards Harry . He held his sweater paws in his hands , watching as the sun went down through the large floor-to-ceiling windows behind Harry's desk .

Harry pushed his chair back from the desk , "What can I help you with ?"

Louis bit his lower lip . "Can I -- ... can I have a hug ?" He asked quietly .