Intruder

Summary : Louis can't seem to fall asleep , when he hears someone in his apartment .

‼️Remember the parts aren't in chronological order - meaning this one is from before Louis moved in with Harry .

Enjoy x

~~

Louis had been trying to fall asleep for over two hours . He kept tossing and turning , kicking the blankets off , then quickly pulling them back on from being cold .

He huffed as he shifted to lay on his back , hands going to rub his face . "Why ?" He groaned quietly to himself before dropping his hands at the sides of his body .

He finally decided to pull himself out of bed to go to the kitchen , he wanted to make himself some hot chocolate or a tea , thinking it might help him sleep .

Just as he moved the blankets off himself he heard his front door shutting close , making him freeze . He didn't dare moving as he listened closely ; he heard footsteps walking around the apartment , going from the living room to the kitchen .

His heart was racing as panic bubbled in his chest , he made slow and quiet moves as he stood up from bed , reaching for his phone from the nightstand . He pulled it out of the charger , hands shaking as he heard the footsteps nearing the hallway , where at the end of it was his bedroom .

He looked around for any possible weapons , when he remembered the knife Harry put in his drawer , one he thought he'll never use - one he didn't even know how to use .

He pulled the knife out of the drawer as the footsteps reached his door , he held it with one shaking hand while his other hand tried pressing Harry's contact number .

The door slowly creaked open Louis felt tears of fear filling his eyes as the man stepped one foot in , poking his head into the room .

"Baby ?"

Louis' breath caught in his throat at the nickname , before faint sounds of buzzing were heard . He watched as Harry , his Harry , pushed the door a bit more open and turned the lights on , a concerned look on his face .

"What is going on ?" Harry asked , frown deepening when Louis started crying .

Louis put the knife down on the dresser and moved the phone away from his ear , hiding his mouth with the back of his hand . He couldn't help his crying ; he was relieved it was him , but he felt so scared .

He sat down on the carpet with his knees pulled to his chest , he let go of his phone to hide his face in his hands .

Harry was by his side in a split second , his arms wrapped around him , "Baby talk to me , why are you crying ?"

"Y-You scared me s-so bad ." Louis managed to whisper through crying .

Harry held him tighter , "Didn't mean to scare you baby , I thought you'd be asleep ." He pressed kisses to the side of his head , Louis pushed himself out of his arms and stood up on wobbly legs , Harry followed quickly .

"Wh-Why didn't you say you w-were coming ?" Louis moved away when Harry reached for him , he wiped his cheeks and sniffled , "It's th-the middle of the night ."

"I was working late and stopped here on my way to the mansion . Didn't get to see you these past four days , just wanted to stop by and see you ." Harry tried to move closer again , Louis stepped away and shook his head , "You sh-should've said , I was up a-anyway . You really scared me , my heart is still racing ." He put his hand over his chest .

"I promise to let you know if I ever to do this again . I didn't mean to scare you . Just wanted to see you ." Harry opened his arms for him ; he wanted to hold him , wipe his eyes and kiss his cheeks . He wanted him to smile again , he wanted to kiss his smiley face .

Louis held his ground for a few more seconds before walking into Harry's chest , "Don't ever do this again ."

Harry wrapped his arms around him and nuzzled the top of his head , the scent of his vanilla shampoo filling his nose , "You have my word ." He squeezed him for a bit and pressed kisses to the top of his head , "What were you doing up so late ?"

"Couldn't sleep . Been trying to fall asleep for hours ." Louis spoke quietly into his chest , "Now I can definitely not fall asleep ." He turned his head to bury his face in Harry's chest .

"Not if it's up to me ." Harry gave him one more squeeze before pulling away from the hug , he took his hand and walked with him to the living room . "Sit ." He told him and grabbed a soft fluffy blanket , bringing Louis' legs up on the couch before covering him .

"Tea or hot chocolate ?" He asked as he walked to the kitchen , Louis held the blanket around himself , "Hot chocolate ."

Harry fixed Louis a cup of hot chocolate , he brought it to the living room along with a chocolate chip cookie from the jar on the counter . Louis thanked him quietly as he took the cup and cookie , Harry sat next to him with his arm on the back of the couch behind Louis' head .

"Why were you working so late ?" Louis asked as he took a bite of the cookie .

"Had two meetings in the evening , then had to finish some stuff in the office ." Harry told him , smiling gently when Louis brought the cookie up to his mouth , letting Harry take a bite aswell . "I have the next two days off , finished everything ."

"What were you planning to do ?" Louis asked as he finished the cookie , blushing a bit when Harry smirked at him . "What ?"

"I want to spend time with you , if it wasn't obvious . Broke into the apartment , didn't I ?" He traced the side of Louis' neck to tickle him just a bit , smiling when Louis shied away with a smile and blush on his cheeks .

"You didn't apologize yet ." Louis sipped on his hot chocolate , pulling the cup away and wiping his mouth .

"Apologize ?"

"Yeah . You should apologize for giving me a fright ." Louis pouted a bit .

Harry bit his lower lip , "You're so cute ." He leaned in to kiss his cheek , eyebrows raising in surprise when Louis moved away .

"You don't get to kiss me until you apologize ." Louis finished his hot chocolate and put the empty cup on the table , he moved to stand up but Harry caught him , pulling him back down next to him .

"I'm sorry ."

"For ..?" Louis encouraged him to go on .

Harry scrunched his nose fondly , a smile twitching on his lips . "I'm sorry for scaring you ."

"Apology accep--" 

Harry cut him off with a kiss , arms wrapping around his shoulders and waist . Louis smiled and pulled back from the kiss , moving his head back away when Harry leaned in .

"Now apologize for cutting me off ."

"Menace ." Harry mumbled before pinning Louis down to the couch , kissing his cheeks repeatedly while he laughed .

~~

Hope you liked it x

~Author