"Training Paid Off"

Summary : The first time Odin's guard dog training was used to protect Louis .

TW : very very mild mention of blood

Enjoy x

~~

Louis giggled a bit , grinning at Odin's reaction ; the dog always barked happily and wagged his tail when he saw Louis grabbing the leash from the hanger on the wall , he stood on his hind legs before lowering himself down to let Louis clipse the leash on .

"You're leaving now ?" Harry walked up from the first basement floor , wiping his sweaty face with a towel , as he just finished his morning training .

"Yeah , just a quick walk , it's chilly outside . Pup knows I'm too cold for that weather ." Louis smiled down at Odin and scratched behind his ear lovingly .

"Alright , I'm going to shower quickly . I'll have food ready for you both when you're back ." Harry walked over to kiss him , Louis scrunched his nose , "You're so smelly , Hazzie ." He giggled as he pulled away , Harry chased him for one more kiss before pulling back with a smile , going upstairs .

Louis opened the mansion's front door and walked out with Odin , shivering at the cold . The two circled the mansion to go in the direction of the backyard , though going down the trail towards the hidden gate in the wall surrounding the mansion . 

He punched the code in and slid the door open , letting Odin out as he followed . He took the leash off Odin and shoved his hands into his jacket pockets , following Odin down the trail .

"Odin , pup , don't get too far ." Louis called when Odin wandered a bit far from him , Odin hurried back to his side . Louis furrowed his eyebrows when he noticed he kept sniffing the ground , he looked around them though didn't see anyone .

The mansion sat on a mountain watching over the city , there was nothing around the mansion ; no houses , no roads , no other mansions or stores - they were pretty isolated . 

Odin continued sniffing , stopping once in every few seconds to sniff the close area before he continued walking with Louis .

Louis grew suspicious , he stopped walking , "Odin , pup . Let's go back ." He started walking in the direction back to the mansion , Odin quickly followed him , sniffing the ground still .

Louis took his phone out to call Harry ; he felt like he was overreacting , but he'd rather be safe than sorry . He frowned when Harry didn't answer , though called again when the ringing ended .

He let out a breath when Harry picked up .

"Baby is everything okay ? I just got out of shower ."

"Yeah , yeah I'm good . I -- well see ... I'm walking Odin and he wouldn't stop sniffing the ground , and I think he's onto something . We're walking back now ."

"I'm getting dressed now , I'll meet you outside . Keep Odin close to you ."

"Can you -- can we not hang up ? Until you get here ..." Louis asked quietly , hearing shuffles on the other end .

"Of course baby . Are you almost at the back door ?"

"Yeah , almost there ."

"Okay . Did Odin only sniff or did he do anything else ?"

"He was sniffing the ground the whole way , he's never done that before ." Louis shook his head to himself , "I did train him to sniff --"

Odin started barking loudly , cutting Louis off . Louis froze in his spot as he looked to where Odin was barking , heart skipping a beat when he saw a man walking towards them .

"Baby I'm on my way , I'm almost there ." Louis heard Harry over the phone .

"Don't move ." The man pulled out a knife , Odin barked at him still . The man stepped his foot down to try to shoo Odin away or scare him , Odin only growled and barked even louder .

Louis held his trembling hands up , "Please , I -- I don't want any trouble ."

"Shut the fuck up ." The man stepped closer with the knife held out , Odin let out a loud , warning bark .

"O-Odin ." Louis took a deep breath . "Odin , crash ."

One simple word set Odin off , he launched himself at the man and latched his teeth into his forearm , he growled as he bit harshly , making the man lower down to the ground in wails of pain .

Harry threw the back door open holding his gun up , Louis snapped out of his staring and walked over to Odin , with Harry hurrying to join him for safety .

"Off , Odin . Off ." Louis grabbed Odin's collar , Odin pulled away from the man's arm and barked loudly , blood on his mouth and teeth .

"Shh , down boy . Shh ." Louis pulled Odin back , watching as Harry turned the man to lay on his front , cuffing his wrists behind his back with zero care of his wounded arm . He turned to face Louis , "You're not hurt , right baby ?"

"N-No . I'm okay ." Louis squatted down to Odin's level from behind him , his arms wrapped around him from behind as he pet him softly to calm him down .

Harry's guards joined them , Harry let them take the man away , telling them to put him in Section A . He put his gun in his belt and wrapped his arm around Louis , walking with him through the back door with Odin walking in front of them .

Harry watched as the man was put into the back of one of the cars , two guards drove away with him while Harry instructed the rest to circle the area to find more evidence . He called his trackers and asked them to bring their sniffing dogs to search the area around the mansion .

Louis looked down at Odin , who seemed almost unbothered by what happened . Harry joined them , he kissed Louis' lips quickly , "I'm going to need to drive down to the building to take care of some stuff , start the investigation ."

"It's Sunday morning ." Louis mumbled , Harry kissed his forehead , "I know baby . I won't stay there all day I promise you . I'll make you breakfast now , and be back for a late lunch ." He kissed him once more before turning to Odin , he scratched behind his ears with both hands , "Training paid off , didn't it , boy ? Such a good boy , you were brilliant ." He kissed between his ears , "Let's clean you up because our baby wouldn't like to clean that blood , would he ?"

Louis blushed soft pink , Harry stood up and put his arm around Louis again , "Let's go inside , it's cold and your nose is a bit red ." He pecked the tip of his nose , walking with Louis and Odin into the mansion .

~~

Hope you liked it x

~Author