Breathe In , Breathe Out

Summary : Louis accidentally spills his drink on Harry's desk in his office , and panics .

TW : panic attack (in details)

Enjoy x

~~

Louis walked through the security check at the front gates , greeting Evan , the guard on the shift . He was holding a carton with two hot drink cups for himself and for Harry , seeing Harry from afar at the entrace of the building .

Harry saw him and gave him a smile , one hand holding his phone to his ear . Once Louis was close enough , Harry reached out and put his hand on Louis' waist , kissing his forehead in a greeting . Louis only smiled back , his cheeks turning pink with blush .

"Yeah , I'll talk to Laura to schedule it . Yes . Bye ." Harry wrapped up the call and put his phone in his pocket , turning his full attention to Louis , "Hey baby ."

"Hi . Brought you coffee ." Louis held up the carton holder , Harry took his cup , "Go up to the office , I'll be right there . Need to talk to Victor quickly ."

"Okay ." Louis nodded , smiling when Harry kissed him before leaving to go talk to Victor .

He went up to Harry's office , throwing away the carton holder to hold his hot chocolate cup with both hands . He walked into the massive room as he sipped on his drink , walking over to Harry's desk to sit on his big chair .

He put his cup down and reached for his phone , seeing that Niall texted him . He smiled and quickly answered him , then sent him a video from a training he did with the dogs the day before .

He reached his hand out and grabbed his hot chocolate cup , but once he lifted it the bottom of the cup ripped , and his drink spilled all over the desk ; the papers that laid on the desk stained in brown , the keyboard , some mail envelopes .

Louis jumped up from the seat , "Oh no . Oh no ." He mumbled in panic quickly throwing the cup in his hand to the trash can under Harry's desk . His heart pounded in his chest as he took in the mess he made , and rushed to the bathroom to grab toilet paper to clean the mess .

"Oh god . Oh no ." Louis ripped some paper from the roll and tried to clean the desk , hands trembling as he did his best to clean it up . His heart was racing , beating loudly in his ears , tears slowly formed in his eyes as he threw away the third paper piece and grabbing the paper roll again . "Oh n-no , oh no . God , no no no ."

He froze when the door buzzed open , looking up to see Harry entering the room . He felt his jaw trembling and more tears filling his eyes when Harry's eyes landed on him and he frowned , "What happened ?" He asked calmly , walking over to Louis .

Louis' hands were still trembling as he went back to cleaning the desk , "I-I'm so sorry , I -- I don't know h-how this happened . Th-The paper cup ripped , a-and the drink spilled . Harry I'm so s-sorry ." Louis sniffled as he threw away yet another piece of paper .

Harry looked down at the desk , then back to Louis , "It's alright . Hey . Baby , stop ." Harry grabbed the paper roll before Louis could grab it again , then moved closer , "Baby it's okay ."

"I'm s-so sorry ." Louis wiped his cheek when a tear fell , "I-It was an accident ." He couldn't calm down ; his heart was racing , hands trembling , he couldn't swallow down the lump in his throat and his tears wouldn't stop . His knees started weakening under his weight , though he squeezed every muscle he could to keep himself standing .

"I'm not mad . Baby -- Louis , breathe , everything is okay ." Harry grabbed his elbows , "Breathe , baby , nothing bad happened . Just some papers ." He brought Louis into his chest and wrapped his arms around him in a hug .

Louis' arms wrapped around Harry's middle , his face pressed to his chest - and he still had a hard time calming down . He was sniffling , chest heaving only the slightest to control his breathing , hands trembling against Harry's back . His head was a bit cloudy from the panic that he didn't even notice that his knees were slowly giving in , until he was pulled up by Harry and further into his chest .

"Baby you're okay , breathe in and out . Breathe ." Harry lowered his head down to speak quietly near Louis' ear , "Let's go get you some water ." He kissed his temple and walked with him to the sitting area , where there was a small fridge .

Harry helped Louis sit down on the couch , then quickly fetched a water bottle . He returned to Louis and sat on the table in front of him , his knees on either side of Louis . Louis was rubbing his hand over his chest to help himself calm down , watching as Harry uncapped the bottle and handed it over to him , "Here baby ."

Louis took the bottle and sipped only a bit , handing the bottle back to Harry . Harry took it and capped it , placing it down on the table next to him . He put his hands on Louis' elbows , holding his small arms in a warm grip , "Everything is okay . Those papers were just papers . The keyboard is wireless and can easily be replaced . Nothing to worry about , just an accident ."

"I-I'm sorry it happened ." Louis whispered ; his throat hurt a bit and felt hoarse from the ragged breathing and the uncomfortable lump .

"Nothing to be sorry about . Come cuddle ." Harry pulled him back to his chest , one hand cupping the back of his head and his other hand rubbing his back , "Breathe in through your nose , and out of your mouth . Slowly ." Harry guided him , pressing more kisses to his temple and shoulder .

Louis slowly calmed down , his heart wasn't racing anymore and his hands stopped trembling , his tears and sniffles stopped aswell . He was left with a headache and a drained feeling , eyes closed as he was still cuddled into Harry's chest .

Harry moved his hand from the back of Louis' head down to his waist , where his other hand rested . He gave Louis a gentle squeeze , "Look up , baby ."

Louis lifted his head up , though his eyes didn't meet Harry's yet . Harry tried catching his eyes , but when he couldn't he cupped Louis' face , guiding him to look at his eyes . Louis' eyes were so sad , their blue colour faded a bit into gray .

He kissed Louis' forehead , kissed between his eyes , the tip of his nose , and lastly his lips . His thumbs caressed his slightly damp cheeks , before he moved to press more kisses to his cheek . He pulled back to look at him again , "Let's go home , call it a day ."

Louis watched as Harry stood up and went over to the desk , Harry unplugged the small USB of the wireless keyboard and mouse from the computer , then grabbed the keyboard and looked over to Louis , "See ? Replacable ." He held the keyboard from both sides and snapped it in half .

Louis startled at his actions and covered his mouth in surprise , feeling an uncontrollable giggle bubbling up his chest . Harry smiled at the sound of his giggle , he threw the keyboard into the trash can along with the stained papers and envelopes , wiping away the leftover stains of hot chocolate with a bit of wet paper .

He grabbed his things and went back to Louis , "Let's go , grab us some chocolate cake on the way home ." He took Louis' hand and helped him stand up , wrapping Louis up in his big jacket and lacing their hands together .

~~

Hope you liked it x

~Author