Mafiatale Sans x Mute Gender Neutral Reader

You inhaled the air. It smelled like smoke and blood. It could be worse. A corpse could have been laying in front of your door. Yes you owned a house not an apartment. You've always been a hard worker. Even though the owners of this town ask 'protection fee'. You have enough for yourself to actually live.

Making sure to have everything before you will leave.

Your backpack within the house keys, wallet.
A small pocket knife in your pocket.
A water bottle.

Yeah you got everything.

You knew it wasn't going to be a long day. Time flies when you have to word hard.

And hard work is was. But it was worth it. Later on you would lay on the couch with a bag of chips. Watching some funny tv show or something. Yeah, you were going to do that.

You walked past an dark part of the town. Nothing ever happened when you walked past it. So now nothing will happen as well.

A loud gun shot came from your left.

Leaving you completely silent.
Even though you couldn't speak you stopped in your tracks. Luckily for you nothing was wrong with your ears.

You should run, you should get the hell out of here! Your thoughts running around. Oh come on y/n everybody knows you should run from danger like that! Just move those legs to the opposite way!

But you didn't. In fact you walked towards it.

Walking deeper into the alley. You saw someone standing. You quickly hid behind a large garbage container. The back of the men was towards you. Your eyes scrolled over him. This was so stupid. But there was no walking back now. He took his gun to place it back in this suit.

He had a black hat on with a soft blue around it. Same for the expensive suit he was wearing. Only one kind of people would wear that. Mafia. Oh damm. Yep you screwed it up. Like really screwed it up. He turned around.

You quickly hid further behind the garbage container. He was a skeleton. Not shocking though. Monsters have been living on the surface for years. The body next to him was a men.

Blood dripped from his hands to the ground. His eye socket was flaming a blue colour. That was new.

"You think I don't see you hiding there?" his cold voice said.

In a flash, his hand was wrapped around your throat. "Speak up. Who are you" he asked.

If only you could speak it would be easier.

"Well?" He asked. His expression was dark. Maybe and maybe you could grab your backpack to-

He squeezed your neck tighter. "Not gonna talk huh? Easier for me" the skeleton said.

You pointed to your backpack that was on the ground from all the swinging and force. And pointing you tried and did.

He released your neck. Getting a signal. "You can't speak?" He asked. You were shaking. Reaching your hands to grab a notebook with a pen. Writing down with shaky hands.

"Yes ever since I was born"

Holding your notebook up.

Then you took a next page and quickly wrote something down. Afraid he didn't had any patience .

"Please don't hurt me, I can't tell anyone!"

You said holding it back up to him.

His hands went into his pockets.
"But you can write it down" he said.

Your eyes widened. This was it. He was going to shoot you down just like the guy on the ground.

With a kick you fell onto your back. His foot landing on your stomach not long after. You looked up with fear. Curiosity was your death.

His suddenly gun back in his hand. You looked at him. Since you couldn't talk begging wasn't a option.

Your day wasn't going to end on the couch. It was going to end here. His eyes scrolled to your wrist. A small cool bracelet was around it. He bowed forward to take a closer look. You hele your arm up. Every signal could save you. "Who gave you that?" He asked. His foot still on top of you. "Sister?" You shook your head for no. "Brother? Mother?" He asked. "Friends perhaps?" You shook your head. "Father?" He once more tried. You weren't going to lie. You nodded.

His foot left your stomach. "I knew him. He helped me pretty good" the skeleton said. You didn't understand him. Your father died a few years ago. Two or three already. "That was the symbol of his gang. Good you wore it. Otherwise it would have ended otherwise" he said. So he wasn't going to end your life?

"He never asked anything in return. And since he's no longer around you got my protection" he said. Holding his hand up.

You looked at his hand. He must have killed a hundred. Blood was on his hands. Literally. But you took it. A devil in front of you. But protection could not hurt. Especially in these parts of the town.

"The names sans, sans the skeleton" he said shaking your hand.

You couldn't really smile. Since the situation you just have been in. But your tried your best.

You grabbed your phone. On the back stood "if I get lost bring it back to y/n"

"Classic I like it" sans said. "Your father mentioned you once. If he had described you I wouldn't have down this"

He wrapped an arm around your shoulder. As the two of you began to walk.

"I'll make it up to you, how about a drink?"

You nodded.

"From now on, you are my silent witness"

Word count 946
Comicmaker12