15

Bella walked down the street in distraction. Suddenly, a loud whistle rang and she looked up and saw a car driving towards her.

Bella was shocked. She wanted to step back, but she fell down on the ground.

The car stopped two steps away from her.

The door opened, and a woman in a red dress got out of the car. She looked worried and helped Bella get up. She asked, "Lady, what's wrong are you okay?"

Bella got up from the ground and felt a little embarrassed. The car did not hit her, but she had just accidentally twisted her leg.

"I'm alright," Bella said with her head shaking.

This incident was originally Bella's fault. She had just lost her mind and it had already turned the red light. She did not see it so she was almost hit by the car.

"lady, do you want me to take you to the hospital? Don't be worried, I'll be responsible for it." The woman said with a pure face.

Bella laughed; she shook her head and said, "It was I who didn't notice the signal. It was not your fault."

She limped and was about to leave, but the woman grabbed her arm and said, "Hey, are you, Bella?"

"It's me, you're?" Bella asked in a confused voice.

"You don't remember me anymore. It is me, Toni." Toni made her thumb and index fingers a circle and put on her eyes.

Bella now immediately recognize her.

This was her best friend in high school, Toni. However, after the middle school exam, Toni went abroad with her parents, and there was no further contact.

Unexpectedly, they would meet on the street.

"Toni, it's you. You are different now. I didn't recognize you." Bella said.

"Actually, I did orthodontics, took off my glasses and put on my contact lenses," said Toni.

"It's even more beautiful than before." Bella signed.

"where are you going? let me give you a ride. We haven't seen each other for so many years. Let's go have a chat."

Bella nodded.

All these years, her life had revolved around Tony. She had no friends, no job, no dreams, no ego, and nothing.

Now, she wanted to find them back.

After arriving at the restaurant, Toni talked about her recent situation.

She returned to America this time because her grandparents picked her a fiance who was a general. This time, she came back for him and did not plan recently, but it's not going well."

Toni asked about Bella's major, and said enthusiastically, "What's a coincidence. My cousin and their company are doing interior design. Now they need a designer. You can try it."

Bella worried asked, "Will it be too troublesome for you?"

"No, not at all. but it's up to your ability to get this job. My cousin is very strict with the profession." Toni said after taking a sip of coffee.

Bella would not refuse again.

She could not reject it. otherwise, it was like what Vanessa said that she could not possible to find a job in New Orleans.

"I've offended someone wealthy and powerful in New Orleans. Going to your cousin's company would probably cause trouble for him," said Bella.

"It is okay. We Anderson's isn't coward. We're not afraid to offend people,

Bella laughed and said, "Okay thank you, Toni."

"We are best friends. You don't have to be so polite."

Toni took out her phone from her bag. They exchanged phone numbers and Facebook. Then Toni gave her cousin's phone number to Bella.

"I'll go back and inform him about you today. After two days, you go to have the interview. I'll send you the address."

"Okay, thank you a lot, Toni."

"You're becoming too polite now. I don't like that."

The two girls chatted about their current situation and then separated.

Toni said that she was going to drive her home. Bella refused because she did not plan to go back so early.

She did not want to go back and stay alone, She was afraid that being alone in an empty house, which would make her think nonsense.

She randomly took a bus, and she sat there for the rest of the day with no destination.

When she return home at night, it was already completely dark.

Bella opened the door and was about to turn on the light. Suddenly, a man reached out his hand, grabbed her arm, and pulled her into his arms. 

"Ah. huh."

She screamed in fright. Before she could even say one word, a big hand covered her mouth.

"It's me." There was a sexy voice in her ear.

Bella recognized it immediately. This was Mr. Steiner's voice.

"Mr. Steiner. Huh..." As she was about to speak, Mr. Steiner's lips were pressing on hers.

Mr. Steiner's body was strong and his breathing was hot. He held her with his strong arms then...

"Don't." Bella stopped him.

Nevertheless, Mr. Steiner said beyond question, "Bella, you can't reject me."

Before Bella replied again, Mr.Steirner had carried her back to the bedroom, and then they had it.

Mr. Steiner had not come over in the past few days. Today, it seems that he wanted to make up for all of these days.

Bella was exhausted!

...

The next day, she woke up and there was no one next to her.

She reached out and that place beside her was already cold as if no one had slept last night.

Bella's whole body seemed to be crushed by the wheel, reminding her that the powerful and mysterious Mr. Steiner had really been here last night.

She got up from the bed and had breakfast. Suddenly, she received a call from Toni's cousin who invited her to an interview.

She immediately made up and rushed to the interview.

Only when she got to the place and looked at the familiar scene in front of her, Bella found out that Toni's cousin company was actually separated from the Grantham Group only by a street.

This was the center of New Orleans, the most prosperous part of the city. People who had companies here were all-powerful and financially abundant groups.

Maybe Toni's cousin could really ignore Tony's influence, Bella thought.

Toni's cousin had already noticed her coming to the receptionist. After Bella gave her name, she was immediately led to the 58th floor of the CEO's office.

Mr. Miller, Ms. White has already arrived." The secretary opened the door and said.

"Let her in and then do your job." there was a rather cold voice.

"Ms. White, please come in, Mr. Miller is waiting for you inside." The secretary made an inviting gesture and said to Bella.

Bella took a deep breath and walked into the CEO's office. She saw the man sitting behind the office desk.

The face was exquisite: the nose bridge was straight, the sexy thin lips were slightly pursed, and the pair of attractive eyes were deep and bright, but the calm disposition could not fade handsomeness of the man.