Not good at hiding 🌿 Bucky/Steve (request)

Song: Ariana Grande - just like magic.

Imagine: you're Bucky's daughter and you're dating Steve's son, they eventually find out.

Your dress:

•••

When Y/n was born around the same time as Jaspers 1st birthday, neither one of the dads were surprised that the pair would become best friends.

Steve and Bucky are best friends themselves nonetheless. It would only be natural for their kids to become the same. Nobody found it suspicious that you'd spend every second of the day with each other, or that you'd be so physical with each other.

You were both careful not to go further than the occasional cuddling and teasing, everything other than that was done in private. You guess you just weren't ready to get the high word out in front both of your fathers.

But tonight something felt different. From the moment you walked into one of your uncles parties, Jasper couldn't hide anything from you. Only your trained eye could notice it, but still, if you could, your father and Steve would be able to tell something else was going on between you.

'You look....whoa...' he says and you smile at him, going in for a hug but getting a kiss instead. 'Sorry I couldn't help myself...'

'I...' you're taken back from the sudden public affection. 'They could've seen...'

'Sorry...' he apologises but you stop him. 'No don't apologise... listen, you know how I think about it...if you want we can go tell them now...'

He stares at you, it's a good plan probably, he was planning on asking tonight anyway, but something tells him "not just yet"

Your smile falters a little bit, maybe he would never want to tell them at all, like you're a secret, like he tries to hide you away. You know you're overthinking but you can't help but feel a little hurt and it shows.

'I'm going to us is some drinks...' you mutter as you turn out of his embrace.

'Fuck I messed up!' Jasper grunts as he balls his fist.

'Fucked up with what?'

He turns around with a short shriek, seeing his in law standing right there with crossed arms and a stoic face.

'What did you say to her?' He asks. 'Uh..uh nothing...' Jasper stammers back.

'Hmm..' Bucky hums before walking away, back to Steve and Sam.

'And? What did he do?' Sam asks.

'He said it's nothing...'

'Oooh, he's in trouble.. I'm sure they can fix it, they're best friends after all...' Steve shrugs.

'No matter what type of friends or whatever they are, nobody hurts my baby...' Bucky mutters.

'I'm sure your baby loves that over protective behaviour...' Sam chuckles a little too loud for Bucky's liking.

You walk back with two drinks from the bar after having a very open minded talk with your auntie Nat, she knows of course, because she can actually keep a secret. She told you to either communicate with him or just dump him, even if he's your best friend, no girl deserves to be stashed away. It was good advice actually, just what you needed.

You see Jasper with some random girl, must be one of Peters friends? She's obviously into him, again it hurts a little, that goes away however when he gently shoved her away from him. 'I'm taken...' he explains and the girl huffs before storming off.

You chuckle slightly when you walk up to him. You hand him his glass and he happily takes it, with this guilty look behind his lies.

'Listen Y/n... I.. I'm sorry for not saying anything just now... I just... I want it to go smoothly and I haven't even thought of a right way you know?'

'Jas... if there's anything I know about my father is that he acts tough.. but he's a big teddy bear inside, yes he may be an assassin, and yes he may have been the winter soldier...'

'But?'

'But.... he's just overprotective... it's all a big show... he'll be okay with it....and about the smooth part... you're a Rogers... I'm not sure that smooth is even in your families dictionary...I saw that little shriek...'

'How? How are You always so aware of things...' He chuckles wrapping in arm around you.

'Because I'm the daughter of the best spy in the world..' you kiss his cheek.

'I really want to tell them now...'

'Really?' Your face lights up and Jasper is one second away from kissing you all over the face.

He lets go of your waist and takes your hand before dragging you towards both your dads.. and Sam.

'Uh... Uh.. Mr. Barnes...' Jasper stutters, Your dad turns around, the stoic face returns when he sees Jasper.

'Yes?' He asks.

'I wanted to ask you if I could officially date your daughter.. I mean we have been dating for a while but I want your permission...' he explains.

'What is this? The dark ages? You know what, since you asked, no, you can't date her... beat me in a duel first...'

'Dad!' You laugh. 'Come on...' you give him your sweetest smile and you might throw in some batting eyelashes.

'Really Y/n?, okay... Jasper, since you're Steve's boy and I trust him, I'll let you date her... but if you fuck up...'

'I won't...'

'But if... you'll know what's coming for you...'

'Probably Y/n herself...' Sam jokes getting an elbow from Bucky, and a wink from you.

'Okay.. now that that's over.. I'm going to get us one more drink...' he sighs before kissing your cheek to get a drink.

'You sure this is what you want?' Bucky asks wrapping an arm around.

'Yes.. 100 percent...' you smile up at him. 'Well, cant say no to you can I?'

'Nope.. I have you wrapped around my little finger...and I'm not the only one...'

'Your mother doesn't count..'

'Yeah I do...' she joins Bucky's side and Jaspers mom joins Steve's.

'Well of Jasper ever does anything out of line, tell me...' Steve chuckles.

'I wouldn't be worried about Jasper...' Sam suddenly comments when he sees your angry glare towards the bar.

You unwrap yourself from your father. 'Seriously?!, he just said he's taken you spam email!' You stomp away.

'Told you...' Sam smirks watching the scene unfold. 'My niece is a little hothead... like her father...'

'Sam-' Bucky warns him.

'See??'