Real sister 🌿 Natasha (mused with a request)

Song: Audiomachine - we are gods.

Imagine; you have a very contagious decease, you've been in quarantine for most of your life, Natasha visits you and she has some good news, which turns out to be not so good news. But maybe there's still hope.

Also this is angsty, so beware, like there are a lot of angsty themes in this and I cried while making this, this is mused together with a request I got a week ago, I think, I already had this idea so that's why I did it, I'm also busy with other requests I swear!

•••

Natasha looks at het sister through the glass. You're sleeping soundly, shallow breaths but still. You're used to this. This is normal for you.

'Miss Romanoff? Someone will help you into a suit soon...' the nurse informs her and she nods. 'Thank you...'

This has been like this ever since that one faithful mission. The one you and Natasha went on as mere teens. You were supposed to stop someone from dropping the vial containing the most dangerous virus on earth. A kind that would stay for a lifetime. It's also incredibly contagious, that's why the nurses have to help Natasha in it every time she comes to visit.

If you hadn't pushed Nat out of the way, there would be two people stuck in that cube instead of one. You gave up your life to save her and you'd do it again. That's the worst part of it all, she knows you'd do it again.

Even after all those years of you trying to convince her to stop blaming herself, she continues to do so everyday. The guilt gets worse every time she visits. But not for long.

Bruce is busy working on a cure now that there's nothing else to do then sit and wait. He even offered to do so and who would Nat be to refuse it.

Her hand moves up to touch the glass. She softly taps her nail again it, making your eyes open. You turn your head and a weak smile spreads across your lips.

'Hey there...' Natasha waves at you, her voice coming through the speaker. You always thought it sounded like a more robotic version of her.

'Hi...' you rasp back at her. 'Are you going to just stand there like a creep or are you going to come in?' You cough.

'I'm coming in don't worry...you think you can wait a couple minutes?'

'I ain't going anywhere so yeah...' you chuckle. A smile crosses her face, but it fades away quickly, too quickly.

She's tired, you see the bags under her eyes, the dullness of her skin, her hair is losing its blonde colour and makes place for the blood red that is her natural colour. Her eyes aren't as vibrantly green as they usually are.

When you get locked in a cube like this one, you start paying attention to every detail. For instance, how many books are on the shelf or how many different lines there are on the wooden floors. You start looking for details on the people you meet. Nurses and those of the avengers who you've grown to see as family over the years.

You might not be one, but you being Natalia's sister, automatically makes you theirs as well. It's a bummer that you only see Natasha nowadays. You know the reason why, most of them dusted, much like the hospital personnel. But it would still be nice to see the ones that are still walking the earth, like Steve, Tony and Bruce.