A song just for you 🌿 Sam Wilson (request)

Song:  The Weeknd - die for you.

Imagine; you like Sam and do you write a song about him, he accidentally hears and out of embarrassment, you teleport yourself to the roof.

Your superhero suit:

•••

'Good work Y/n...' Sam gently squeezes your shoulder. You smile at him.

'Thanks Sammy...' you reply which makes Bucky frown at Sam just as you walk away.

'Why does she get to call you that but when everyone else does it you get mad?'

'Because Y/n is nice, I like her...' Sam smiles as he watches you walk away.

He likes you more than he can admit, not knowing that he just sparked hope in your chest.

If you're honest, Sam has been on your mind more than everyone else. Ever since you met you confided in him and he did the same with you.

You had many "dates", you don't refer to those moments as actual dates, but Sam surely does. Every chance he can.

The movie nights, the late night cooking, the dinners and the lunches, the visits to his family. He always does it with you and you alone. He has fallen in love with you.  And you have no idea just how badly he wants you.

You sigh when you peel your suit off of your body, a suit that is similar to Sams, what a coincidence right? Leave it to Tony Stark, your bestie, to design a suit that is similar to your crushes.

You hum your favourite song, the song you wrote for Sam. You hum it every chance you have, in the shower you sing it louder with the actual words. Not realising that you forgot to soundproof the room and your bathroom.

Its no secret that your voice is enticing to everyone who listens to it, even with the echo of the bathroom, which makes it even prettier in Sams opinion, it's beautiful.

Sam leans against the wall. He smiles to himself when hears you sing about the way he feels about her. That's until he hears his own name. His heart swells with joy, he needs to say it to you, rather sooner than later.

•••

'Hey Y/n..' Sam waves at you when he sees you walking into the living room.

'Hey Sammy whatsup?' You chuckle.

'I was just wondering... I was walking by your room just now.. and I heard you sing...' he gets up from the couch and moves over to you, a smirk on his face. 'Did you write a song for me?'

It sends the wrong message, it comes across as if he's mocking you.

'You wrote a song about me?  You're such a loser...'

'But... I thought... I... what?'

'You really think a guy likes a song? As a gift? God You're so naive! The only boys who will like that are losers like you!'

The flashback sends you right into your insecurities. What must he think of you? God you lost your chance! Of course he will mock you? It's stupid to even think that a man like him would like that!

'Hey... Y/n you alright?'

You look at him, he sees the panic and anxiety in your eyes, that's when he realises his mistake.

'Wait no! No I actually-' he starts but you're gone before he can even finish his sentence.

'Liked it...' He finishes. 'Fuck...'

•••

'Gosh... I thought he really liked me...' you mutter. 'I ruined everything... why do I least ruin everything...'

You stare into the city. The roof has been your go to spot ever since you found it. It's quiet and entertaining, nobody can hear you or see you, just complete self reflecting.

You wipe away a tear. 'Stupid song...' you sniff. 'Stupid heart... why do you always have to do this?! Huh?!' You point your finger against your heart.

'Yeah because talking to your own heart is very normal...' Sam speaks up making you flinch. 'Sorry I didn't mean to...'

'Please go.. I want to be alone... I've embarrassed myself enough as it is, no need to rub it in...'

'That's what you think this is? Me rubbing it in? Y/n you didn't let me finish my sentence earlier... I liked the song...'

'You don't have to lie to make me feel better Sam-'

He sighs and walks over to you. He sits down, you scoot away. 'Hey... listen I did like the song And your voice is amazing so if anything I'm honoured...'

You shake your head, still not able to believe him.

'It made me realise something as well... I've been postponing this for a while, because I don't want to ruin anything.. I like you... a lot... I'm sorry if I made you feel  like I was mocking you because I wasn't...'

'You like me?' You finally turn to him, you squint your eyes, trying to decipher if he's telling the truth.

'Yes! I've been trying to tell you that!' He chuckles.

A smile settles on your lips. 'Then you're a loser like me...'

'Uhm, What?'

'My ex... he said that any boy who would like my songs, is a loser like me...'

'Them I'll happily be a loser... because anyone crazy enough to not like a song written for them, they're assholes Y/n... so.. will you formally go out with me?'

'Yes I will... Sammy...'

'You're the only one allowed to call me that...' he points out and you scoot back his way. He wraps an arm around you and kisses your head.

'You know which part I really liked?' He asks. 'What?' You sigh back. 'The part where you would like to kiss me like really really long...' he teases and you playfully shove him. 'Shut up... you just lost that privilege..' 

'Just wait until after our first date... that privilege will roll around just as easy as you just took it away...'

'We'll see...' you smirk.

'I guess we will..'