The truth this time pt. 2 🌿 Steve (Royal AU)

Song: Luke Richards - a final sacrifice

I'm sorry for not updating so much, I've been really tired and busy, it's the last weeks before my summer vacation and with everything going on, with my new room being build on top of our house causing my room to be absolute chaos and the break up and everyone.. I have to admit I'm struggling a little bit, I hope you understand.

It's not you it's just me, and don't worry I won't stop writing but, writing may come a little slower for me now. But I'll try to write as much as possible.

'Y/n... you have a visitor...' the door opens, you don't turn to look, you're not in the mood today when you had another night of terrors.

You're still sitting in the same position, propped up against the wall with the blanket loosely laid on top of you. Your hand comfortably resting on your grown belly.

You hear the shuffling beside you. Someone comes close and sits next to the makeshift bed, but you don't even have the willpower to turn your head.

'Y/n...' it's vaguely familiar, you have t heard his voice in months, it's almost like a stranger to you, which adds to the hurt.

'Are you here to see if I'm dead already? I'd hate to disappoint us both with the fact that I am still alive...'

The message shocks Steve, you used to be so full off life and energy, to see you like this is a slap in his face and a punch to his guts. Guilt fills him further when he sees your dull eyes, the bags beneath them, you're way too skinny to be considered healthy.

'I'm sorry...' is all he knows to say in this moment.

A huff leaves your lips. 'Leave me alone Steve... do me one favour... and leave me here... on my own...'

'No... no I understand now Y/n.. all of it... I get why you did not want me to know and I should've stuck by you..'

'You humiliated me... out of all the kings I had to murder, none of them humiliated me in front of a crowd...and yet the man I loved did just that...' You reply. 'I am tired Steve... I've been alive for over 400 years... and thought that with the curse lifted, I would just grow older, and I did... I would be able to have a life and a family...yet I get the same treatment all over again...'

'Y/n, I never wanted this to happen I swear-'

'Just like you swore nothing could come between us...' you finally turn your head to look at him. 'So again I beg you... leave me alone...'

'No... no y/n... I know I messed up, I did... my people have mad mee so scared of anyone different... I was ignorant... you're not dangerous to me... you're my wife, you're the mother of my child and you're the only woman that I've ever loved so deeply...and that lady, the one who put the curse on you, she will pay for what she did...'

'She's gone Steve... she got what she wanted..'

'Because of your parents your life has to be miserable? No, I will break that cycle right here, right now... you're coming with me.. back upstairs... and I will show them-'

'Show them what?'

'That you're the queen... and nobody messes with my queen...the whole kingdom is so taken by you.. They love you and I am an idiot for even thinking otherwise... you do not have to pay for your parents mistakes and mine...so now it's my turn to beg you... please come with me...'

'I will... but you will stay away from me until I say otherwise...'

'Anything for you, Y/n...'

•••

Slowly you regained your health back, the nightmares started to lessen over the two months you've been up in the castle again.