Bet on it pt.4 🌿 Bucky/ Steve (alternative ending) (request)

Song: Arctic Monkeys - I wanna be yours.

A/n: I am going to get sooo much backlash from this 😂but here we goooooo since y'all wanted this too!

•••

'Y/n... can we.. can we talk?' Steve nervously wrings his hands together.

'And what if I don't want to?' You reply, it's not cold, your voice is calm and soft.

'I.. I want to apologise... for everything... I didn't know what I was doing... I was childish and I'm sorry...'

'Yes you were...and you still are, I see the jealousy in your eyes when you watch me and Bucky... when is this going to stop Steve? Can't you see it's hurting me?'

'I... I know it's not fair but... I realised something and it wouldn't be okay to keep it from you...'

You frown at him, your eyes are glossed over. You can already tell what he's about to say, and you're not sure if you want to even hear it.

'I love you...'

'No... no.. you don't get to do that to me!' You step back. 'Not after everything you did!'

'Y/n listen I-'

'I'm finally happy... with someone else and you can't take it because I'm not your bestie anymore...'

'You still like me... I can see...' he stalks towards you and cages you in when your back hits the wall.

'Steve-'

'Y/n... don't go and deny it... I've heard you and Bucky talk... it's not going well because you still love me, much to his disappointment...'

'And my own...I want to believe you so badly Steve.. but I can't... I don't trust you anymore...'

'Then let me show you.. please...all I am asking for is a chance...'

You take a deep breath, the man you've loved for years is standing in front of you, confessing his damn feelings. God you want to love him, to give him that chance.

'We're going on a vacation with the team right?'

'Yes but what does that-' you place your fingers against his lips to prevent him from talking.

'You'll get a chance... if I find out this is some other fucked up game, you'll end up on the bottom of the sea...'

'It's not.. Y/n... thank you... I won't fuck it up I promise...'

And he did, he tried his best all week. He spend every second with you, from dinners to laying on the beach, to starry nights.

By the end of the week you told him that you began to trust him more. That you wanted to be with him. And he took that with open arms.

He may have lost a best friend, but in the end he got a beautiful girlfriend in return...

He swore from that day he would never ever participate in anything Tony organised. A promise he intends to keep until he dies. As he should..

A/N: I am sorry but i didn't know how to finish this and what to write because I'm going to be honest, in this series I hate Steve, like proper hate, but some of you asked for this... so I made... something.. I hope you like this! I'm sorry it's short..