I'm here 🌿 Sam Wilson

Song: Philip Klein - Pits waves them off.

Imagine: you're on the team, you recently got into a car accident and you told the team a different story, Sam knows of your military last but waist for you to come to him for help.

I recently said that I watched the Last Full Measure, and it struck a chord, its such an amazing movie with such powerful emotions and messages, especially the Avalon part, I was bawling my eyes out.  and I just had to make an imagine. And I figured since Sam has that talk group, this would be the best.

And fuck I could go on and on about the movie, it's sad and funny and amazing and therefore I will put some of it in the chapters.

I mean no disrespect, if you find something in this chapter that is disrespecting to people with PTSD, veterans or soldiers, please please tell me and I will change it!

ALSO THIS STORY WILL HAVE MULTIPLE PARTS!

I also thought I'd make something a little more close to reality..

•••

You saw a car coming from the right. He or she had a red light, you had a green one. So you drove off, he or she almost rammed themselves into the side of your car, you reacted which made the car swerve, that's how you ended up here.

'Y/n sugar... you've got a visitor today...you ready?' The nurse peeks around the corner and you smile. 'Yeah..'

Sam steps from behind the nurse and the smile spreads further, he's been your bestie ever since you joined the team. Maybe it's because you've got the same humor, maybe you've been through the same experience, being a vet and all.

'Hey Y/n/n...' he bends down and kisses the top of your head.

'Hey Sammy..' you reply pulling your legs in so he can sit. You hiss from the stinging pain but it's manageable after a while.

'You look tired...' he sighs when you make room for him to sit on the bed. Your legs are bend, your elbows resting on your knees.

He gently lays a hand on your arm, his hand is soft and warm, soothing almost. But his presence always is. There's a feeling of mutual understanding and respect. He won't force you to talk about anything and neither do you force him into anything.

The team doesn't know about your military past, they do know about Sam's though. But he seems fixed, if that's what you can even call it. How do you fix something that isn't physically broken?

'Where's your head at? I can see it ain't here...' he comments and then you realise just how long you've been staring at his hand.

'Oh I... I'm just tired... you'd think a car crash would be something to get over quickly being an avenger... I've dealt with worse than a car flipping...' You chuckle and he nods.

'But you also know what they say... one bullet in the wrong place can mean the end... even if you've survived many..'

'Yeah... I used to hate that phrase...one of many phrases I hated in the army..'

'Yeah they do have a sense of annoying poetry...' he jokes and a real laugh leaves your lips for the first time in a couple months.

Sam can sense the difference, and it makes him smile to even think about actually accomplishing making you truly laugh.

'Sam?' Your eyes lock with his before moving down to your hands.