Tourettes 🌿 Bucky (requested)

Song: Lana Del Rey - Brooklyn Baby

I DONT WANT TO OFFEND ANYONE SO IF THERE IS SOMETHING OFFENCE PLS COMMENT SO I CAN CHANGE IT!

Imagine; you have Tourettes, meaning that you have the urge to make movements, sounds or say certain words. You've learned to suppress them during missions, but if you do, the tics get worse for a while after. The team doesn't know but Bucky does.

•••

Bucky's arm is wrapped safely around you. Your head is tucked under his chin, occasionally he plants a loving kiss on your head.

You tense up now and again, he knows you're still trying to suppress the tics since the team is still there.

Debriefing has always been hell for you. You already have to suppress the tics during the whole mission, but when you get tired and have a debriefing, the tics usually start happening again.

'Almost done doll...' Bucky whispers knowing it will soothe you a little.

'I can't hold back much longer..' you whimper when you feel your hands twitching.

He reaches over and picks up a pen for you to hold to make your hands stop twitching. Before he knows it, it flings across the table, hitting Tony right in the head.

Your hand flies to your mouth. 'Seriously y/n?, pen throwing?'

You put your hand down again. 'I didn't mean to- Dick!' You yell and your hand flies to your mouth again as you internally cringe.

'That's mean y/n...' Steve comments with a frown.

'Leave it Steve, Tony she's sorry, it was an accident...' Bucky interferes before it escalates, and it would have because everyone is tired and grumpy from the mission.

You thought it couldn't get worse from there, but it did. Your arms slam against Bucky a couple times, you apologise every time even though you know it's not on purpose, he knows that too.

But to the rest of the team something feels off about you. The way you're twitching makes them frown at you. You can basically feel their stares, which makes you stress out more, which makes the barrier you put up to shield against the tics crumble down further.

Besides Bucky, Fury is the only one who knows, he had to since you're on the team. He can see the distress written all over your face.

'Agent Y/l/n.. you're dismissed...' he can't even get the words out before you're rushing out the seat and hurrying down the hall, yelling out some last curse words before you're out of sight and hear range. For them at least because you can still hear them.

The briefing goes on for a while, the team still confused on why Fury would dismiss you so early while the rest has to stay.

'Okay team.. I have to go now, enjoy your couple days off... get some rest...' Fury comments before he dismisses himself from the group.

'Don't you think Y/n was acting a little weird?' Tony asks the group, it frustrates Bucky that he swore he wouldn't say anything about it. 'I mean the pen incident? The twitchy muscles? The name calling?, it's nothing like her...'

'It's like she has no control over her own body... should we go check on her?'

'No! No...' Bucky interjects.

'You're acting kind of strange too, you know something...' Nat narrows her eyes at Bucky.

'I swear if this is some sick sex game between you two-'