Denial 🌿 Tony x male reader (request)

Song: Social House - haunt you.

Technically this is the first x male reader I made, even though I try to make every imagine as gender neutral as possible. Let me know if there's anything I missed or could do better next time!

Also, this isn't very good but here you go anyways

Imagine: Tony spends all his time in the lab and you've had enough, he also tried to deny that he loves you.

•••

'Have any of you seen Tony?'

'Where tony?'

'Do you happen to know if he's here?'

All day long you've been asking everyone where the hell the billionaire is hiding, and you got the same answer over and over again. 'I have no idea... don't know... go look somewhere else...where did you last see him?'

You've been growing tired of trying to find him, after last night, this makes you even more upset.

He's trying to run from you, at least that's how it feels at this moment.

And what happened last night?

You and Tony finally kissed after months and months of flirting back and forth.

It was the most amazing thing ever, it was sweet and passionate and everything you could've hoped for, but now you feel hurt that Tony would just hide away all day long. Avoiding you.

'Hey y/n!' Peter jogs up to you.

'Yeah?' You ask turning around.

'You were looking for Tony right?'

'Yeah, You for any idea where he is?' You ask.

'I just saw him down in the lab, if you're lucky he's still there..' he replies and you nod.

'Thank you...'

•••

'Tones?' You ask as you walk into the lab.

You glance around at the different tools and materials laying around. He always is one to make any workplace chaotic.

'Tony are You in here?, we need to talk...'

'Sounds serious...' He suddenly speaks up from behind you and you let out a high pitched yell before clutching your chest.

'Where have you been all day?' You ask.

'In here, why?' He replies nonchalant as he moves past you and carries on with whatever he is working on now.

'The team didn't know where you were, neither did Friday..'

'I don't like everyone knowing where I am...did you come her to bug me or did you actually have something important to talk about?'

You roll your eyes and bite your tongue, you don't want to fight about this, you want to talk about yesterday.

'Have you been avoiding me?' You ask flatly.

He doesn't verbally answer, he just shrugs and goes on with the tinkering.

'Tony...' you sigh.

'Yes Okay, yes I was avoiding you but as you and I both can see in this very moment, I have been unsuccessful...'

'Why are you avoiding me?' Your tone changes, it makes him look up and roll his eyes at you. 'After last night-'

'Last night was a mistake!, okay!, I don't know what happened!' He snaps and you feel a pang of hier in your chest.

'It sure didn't feel like a mistake Tony...'

'Well it was!, stop making a big deal about it!'

'It is a big deal for me Tony!, I thought..I thought you actually liked me..'

'Well I don't y/n!, I am not gay I was just...'

'Just what?!' You snap back at him.

'You were just an experiment!, u wanted to know and you were there so-'

'You took advantage of me you know that?, because I thought this endless flirting back and forth actually led to something last night, and I do admit that it hurts to find out you've been avoiding me!, but this?' Your voice goes from yelling to soft.

'Wait... fuck... y/n I'm...I'm sorry...'

'Do you even know what for?, because I am very confused...'

'I'm sorry I didn't mean a word I said there... I..' He lays down his tool and finally looks at you.

'I'm new to this... and I know that isn't an excuse but..I am new to this... I don't want the team to think anything different of me for liking you... and then the public I mean.. I'm scared to be honest..'

You blinks at him with a confused look plastered on your face. 'Tony what are you talking about?'

'Being gay... I mean I fell for you... hard.. and after tonight..I freaked out...not because I don't like you.. but because I do and then my head started pining obertje things that could possibly happen...'

'So you do like me?'

'Yes, what's there not to like?, you're funny and you're a genius.. you're kind and everyone loves you.. I'm afraid that I will ruin your reputation...'

'Tony...everyone knows I am gay...and why didn't you say this before?, it could've saved a heartbreak ya know...'

'I am so sorry y/n... please forgive me for everything I said... I take all my words back...'

'Tony...' you sigh again as you take a step back.

He flies out of his chair and moves over to you to prevent you from leaving.

He pulls your arm and presses his mouth to yours. You melt into the kiss as his arms wrap around you. After a passionate kiss he leans back.

'Do you believe me now?'

'I do believe you... but don't you dare talk to me like that again...if you're scared you talk to me...'

'Yes sir..' Tony smiles at you.

'Good..'