I'm here pt. 2 🌿 Sam Wilson

Song: Philip Klein - he was there to save lives.

I'm in love with the picture above, it's so cool!

•••

'No' you push your sunglasses further up your nose.

'Y/n we're already here...'

'No...I ain't going in there...'

'You agreed to come with me.. you're coming- Hey there!' Sam greets an older male up ahead while you frown at him. He still didn't fully explain what you're doing here.

Why are you back at the base that basically destroyed your life? You're not dumb nor an idiot. What you don't get however is why you're here again, back at that same base.

'Wilson! Good to see you again! You didn't have to come all this way for me though!' The man jokes.

'I didn't... she did...' he points at you. You're looking around, your bodylanguage may suggest you're tough and fearless, but he can see through those sunglasses. He can see that it pains you to be here again, but he had to. 'She just doesn't know it yet...'

'Y/n... come meet my old friend!' Sam yells for you to join his side. You walk over, your steps weary. 'Y/n.. this is Markus... Riley's brother...'

'It's uh.. nice to meet you Markus...' you shake his hand politely. 'I'm not sure what I'm doing here but it's nice to meet one of Sams friends...'

Markus nods. 'Likewise.. Sam has told me much about you...I'll assure you it was all good things...so.. I heard you used to be stationed here...'

'I was...' you swallow the lump in your throat. 'Walk with me then while Sam gets everything settled..' Markus' offers and you glance at Sam. He gives you a little nod as a push so you follow Markus.

As you look around you notice that there are only a handful of people still here. There are no soldiers running around, there are no new arrivals... theres just.. mainly silence.

'So..' Markus grabs your attention. 'I guess you are wondering why things are so quiet around you...' he states.

'I am actually... when I was here there were people running around, Jeep's would almost run you over, captains would get their nee recruits every single day..' You reply.

'Well Y/n... after what happened.. things changed around here.. people started rioting against the terrorists... it was a battle zone for a while but... it got quiet.. people got to go home... we weren't needed here anymore...'

'Then why is the base still up?' You wince at the rudeness of your tone. 'Sorry I...'

'Stand down Y/l/n... it's alright... I stayed behind with a handful of others just to help the community get back on their feet..'

You nod as you let your eyes wander around for a moment. Taking in just how peaceful this place can be even though you always believed this would forever be a place of chaos and pain.

'I'll leave you to wander around a bit...' Markus comments before you hear his footsteps get quieter with each step.

You crouch down and take a handful of the mixture on the ground. Sand and dust. All too familiar. 'I bet you 10 bucks that you can't do push-ups with a backhandclap in between...' you smile at the fond memory.