The truth this time 🌿 Steve (royal AU)

Song: Snowhite and Huntsman Winters War soundtrack.

Imagine; you're a witch and married to the king, Steve. You have a dark secret, one day it comes out.

This gets heavy like... angsty and all and everything you'd expect with a royal AU

Yes there will be a second part!

•••
A curse set upon a harmless child, she has to survive and so she did. Many eons went by, many eons she has lived, and just now she found the King that could give her what she's always desired, a life and a family to live it with. But her dark secret is lurking, waiting to come out to steal all of it away from her.
•••

You can only think about one thing today. As you're sitting on your designated throne next to your husband, watching over the party going on in your celebration. Unfortunately there's one thing on your mind. The rumours that have started spreading around the kingdom don't do much for your calm as well.

Happiness spreads through your body however every time the same thought crosses your mind. You ended the curse laid upon you after eons and eons of surviving.

That happiness fades away almost instantaneously when you rethink about how you had to survive, and how that is slowly coming back to bite you.

"You're a witch! A demon! Feeding off of kings!" The lady had yelled at you when you passed. Steve gave you an odd look, you could sense it.

You stare at him now, he has a warm smile on his face. One that only he possesses. If only you could copy it, to make up some form of story to tell Steve when he asks if you're okay. You can't always use your pregnancy as a diversion.

Steve glances your way to find you staring mindlessly at him, like you've done all week. He takes your hand in his as his eyes meet yours. 'You seem preoccupied...'

'Nothing to worry about, my love...' you give him your best fake smile.

'Is it the baby again? Is our baby making you feel ill? If so I'd have to have a stern word with him or her..'

The happiness kicks in once again after you hear him refer to the baby as "ours". Nobody knows just how much it actually means to you. To be carrying his child. To receive all this love from everyone around you.

'No..' you chuckle. 'I'm a bit tired.. the usual..'

You never did receive that from your parents many eons ago. You were destined to become a queen, but your parents were most cruel to their kingdom, resulting in a witch cursing you to become one as well.

You remember many parties just like this, looking to find your new source of life for the next years to come. Usually a wealthy king, that's the only type of person the curse will let you feast off of.

You wince when you remember what you had to do. The look on the faces of those kings, some were good people, they did not deserve to be fed off of. And others, they did deserve it, but it's not like you were ever happy with what had to be done.

You'd rather forget if you're honest. The immortality, the unrequited love. The loneliness. You're happy to give it all up. To live your life with Steve, to have this baby become the future king or queen.

But like many secrets, they don't stay in the dark for too long.

'Your majesty! Your majesty!' A voice shrieks through the large room. It halts every conversation and movement from your guests.