Bad at choosing (or not) 🌿 Thor/Loki (request)

Song: The Weeknd - hurt you.

Imagine; you have to choose either Thor or Loki as a lover, will you make the right choice?

Also decided to put another request together with this one, because the request is much shorter and I can't make it into a solid one shot! The other request was the scene of Thor, Tony and Steve arguing about the hammer out into action.

•••

An elevator ride could not have been funnier, you have trouble holding in your laughter while Steve, Tony and Thor bicker away about the elevator and Thor's hammer.
How did this come to life you ask? Well, Thor simply put down his hammer.

'So the elevator is worthy right?' Tony comments.

'The elevator is not a person, therefore not worthy..' Steve shoots back making you snicker. 'But why would it go up? It's heavy... the hammer.. the elevator must be worth then because it can lift the hammer...'

'That is nonsense Stark..' Thor retorts and you can feel the pain in your stomach of your muscles contracting out of laughter. 'An elevate is not worthy... it has no soul, no mind of its own...'

'Like I said last time... if you put it in an elevator...it's not worthy...'

'I really did miss you..' Thor comments and you can't keep it in anymore. Your laughter fills the elevator and makes the three men all turn to you.

'What's so funny?'

'You're so busy trying to debate over here but Thor sweetie, your hammer is still down there..' you point through the glass floor right to the lowest level.

'I bet you 20 that it will not go through this thick glass...' Tony comments and you roll your eyes.

'Can I at least get out of this elevator before you try out that theory?'

'Yes my lady... I will meet up with you later, we have something to discuss..' Thor replies and you nod with a frown. 'I'll see you later...' you step out of the elevator.

Ah yes, the one decision that will let one of the brothers down and lifts the other one right up to cloud nine. How did you even get into this mess..

Right, you wanted to become their friends and you started developing feelings for them, and they returned those feelings, both of them did and still do.

Loki is sweet and kind, he looks like he could kill everyone in the room, and he probably would, but people who pique his interest and return the same interest in him, he lets close. When he opens up its the most amazing thing.

But Thor is strong and gentle at the same time, he's a big softie when it comes to babies and animals, or both, even with you he has never been more gentle.

They're both great in their own way, total opposites but amazing. And they don't deserve to be dragged by you for this, dragged into this long narrative that is your terrible decision making or rather postponing even thinking about it.

But you did, think about it.

'Y/n...' Loki pulls you from your thoughts, making you startle and drop your duffel bag. 'I'm sorry..' he immediately apologises. That's the sweet side only shown to you.

'Loki... hi.. I.. I wasn't paying attention.. it was entirely my fault...' you chuckle nervously. He can sense your mergers, you're sure.

His kind smile turns into slight worry before his look turns cold. He probably read your mind about your decision. 'You're choosing him...'

You slowly nod, not trusting your voice. You don't want to hurt him, nor do you want to hurt Thor if you would be to choose Loki, but you will, there's no escaping it. 

Tears build in your eyes when you see his disappointment. A single tear escapes your hold and rolls down your cheek.

'Figured not even you would be capable of loving me..' he mutters before turning away. You're quick to grabs his wrist however, making him stop.

'Do you honestly think I do not love you? You truly think so little of me?' You hate how your voice sounds so weak. 'Do you know how much I've been pining over this decision?'

He stays silent, he still has his back turned to you even but you know he's listening. You squeeze his wrist a little to let him know you mean it.

'It's not that I don't love you..'

'Then what is it?' He turns around to face you.  'What makes you choose him?'

'I...we just.. we have more in common... and I figured that you deserve someone that shares more things with you.. I... I don't want to hurt you...I'm sorry Loki...'

'It's fine... I'm used to it...I'm used to people I love letting me down...so go to Thor and tell him the happy news...'

He roughly pulls his arm out of your grip and storms down the hallway. He leaves you with a broken heart, and alone.

You walk backs against the wall, completely numb, you're still crying but you don't even register it anymore. You slide down the wall. You stare there for god knows how long. Just thinking. Could you have saved this friendship between you and Loki? Judging by the looks of it, probably not.

'Y/n...' Thor kneels beside you. You turn your head to him, your cheeks still wet from the many tears. You give him a sad smile. 'What is wrong?' He sits down next to you.

'I finally made my choice...I chose you... and I just told Loki... well he read my mind...'

'I am guessing he wasn't too thrilled...' Thor sighs as he lays an arm around you.

You lean into him, your head resting on his shoulder while you try to explain what happened. 'No.. he wasn't... I let him down... he stormed off...I'm sorry you shouldn't be hearing this, I should be happy...'

'I don't see why you should be... I don't expect you to be happy with how things went with Loki... I understand why it hurts... and I do appreciate you choosing me... but I won't let you pretend to be happy when you're sad...'

You can't help but smile at this big, friendly giant. That's why you chose him. Because he understands you, more than even Loki could...