🌿Last of us AU pt.3🌿

Song: Gustavo Santaolalla - Allowed to be happy.

'I'm glad she found you... she deserves some happiness...' Ellie's walking with Bucky.

She's trying to make conversation, maybe get to know a few things about both Bucky and the group.

'And i am glad she had someone take care of her.. you guys were probably making her happier than I am at the moment...'

'We had our fair share of arguments and fights, she would run off too.. I got that from her honestly...I don't blame her though, with everything she had to endure... I'm surprised she's  still alive and kicking... I mean she hasn't told me everything, she did tell Joel... but half of the stuff I heard...Fuck..'

'Yeah that about sums it up...' Bucky mutters.

'Hey man, it isn't your fault... you couldn't have known... you were concerned and she just needs time to cool off, but once we get there.. everything will be okay..' she promises Bucky.

'What happened to you by the way?, she told me you and your girlfriend lived somewhere together...but you said you have nobody left...they're not..dead are they?'

'No... no... I don't know where they are, probably back in Jackson.. but I was stupid enough to go after a lead... this Abby... she killed Joel..'

'Yeah I know about that...'

'I was done chasing after her with Y/n, but then someone spotted her in Santa Barbara, so I went there.. I had the chance to end it for good but I let her go... when I got back, the house was empty except for my things..'

'That's... messed up...sorry to hear that...'

'It's okay... I know I can always count on y/n... she's like a mom to me... ever since we met, she has always protected me... so that's why I came here...'

'Well, you're welcome to stay...from me and the group too...y/n would royally kick my ass if I ever refuse you..'

'We both know she can...'

'Yeah.... so what is this place?, where we're heading?' Bucky asks looking at the large building up ahead.

'The aquarium... it calms her down, or so she said, I figured she must be there..' Ellie explains before climbing down again. Bucky follows her down.

'Let's hope she's still there...'

•••

'What is going on here?' Joel smirks as he leans against the doorway.

'Shush... she's finally asleep...' you whisper at him as you crawl away from her side.

You walk up to the doorframe of this lookout place high up the ground. A place to finally rest with the best view.

'How are you holding up?'

'Good... thanks to you... if you wouldn't have been there to save me...I probably would've died...'

'You and dying?, no you're too stubborn for that..'

'Just take the fucking "thank you" like a normal person Joel...' you chuckle before sighing.

Your eyes lock on the nature in front of you, the sun is rising already, but it will stay dark in the small cabin up top. It's good that Ellie van finally sleep.

'It's beautiful ain't it?'

'Yeah I've never seen anything like it...' You cross your arms with a small smile on your face.