Numb 🌿 Bucky Barnes

Song: Jessi - numb

Imagine; Bucky is a famous pop star, you're not. You one day step up and confront him, he tries to fix it.

Angstyyyy

Heavily inspired by drivers license but if I have to listen to that song one more time I'm gonna physically get sick. It's a good song but I played it too much.

This has been in my drafts for like 6 months so here you go,

I WILL BE MAKING MORE PARTS!

•••

The Avengers, a band consisting of Bucky, the lead singer, Tony on the drums, Steve on the guitar, Dolores as another singer and then Bruce, Thor, Loki and Clint as the sound guys.

They're insanely popular and for that you're proud. You're proud that the small musician you dated back in the day grew out to be this amazing pop star, with you still by his side.

He never let the fame come in between you, but lately it has wedged itself between you without him realising.

From him blowing off your plans for rehearsals to partying all night and coming back drunk, always with the perfume of other women lingering on his clothes. You're pretty sure he also started smoking again.

You used to be able to handle it. The jealousy was never this strong because you knew Bucky, you trusted him. But as of late you lost all that trust, you don't know him anymore. You've had enough of his behaviour.

This past week has been literal hell for you,
Anxiety plagued you more than ever and he doesn't even have the decency to check up on you. You asked- no begged him to at least give you some comfort but like always, he was too busy.

'So just like that?' Bucky asks confused. Like Its not something he's expecting of you.

'I don't know if you've noticed Bucky, but the past week I've literally begged you to stay one night to at least comfort me... one night out of all these nights... I ask for one and still you blow me off every time... so yeah, just like that I will walk out, I am so fucking done...'

'Why?' He frowns.

'Why? Are you serious? Please tell me you're not that ignorant...' you sigh pinching the bridge of your nose. 'Maybe because you changed... you cancel our plans, our only time together, you spend nights clubbing and drinking, you come back smelling like other women and I thought I could be the girl who doesn't care about any of it but I'm not! I can't do this anymore..'

'So just like that you're gonna throw away all those years?'

'I'm not throwing them away, that's exactly why I am doing this now... I just need some time away from all of this... so that's why I'm leaving now, while I still have those good memories to hold onto...'

'I get it... I'm a lot-'

'No that's not- Ugh... you changed Buck... you used to prioritise important people to you and now I feel like I ain't one of them anymore-'

'You are! I swear Y/n! You are... I'm.. I'm a dick... and an idiot.. you're right...' he admits. It's like a small piece of the old Bucky is still in there.

Your gaze softens again, you really hate yourself that you can't stay mad at him.

He steps towards you and his hands come up to rub your arms. 'Please don't break up with me I.. I had no idea and I am ignorant for not noticing... and I don't blame you for wanting a break.... you can still go but please don't let this be a breakup...' He begs.