The legacy pt. 16 🌿 TFATWS (SPOILERS)

Song: Henry Jackman - Live Accordingly.

'Sam stay back!' Karli warns you both for something, Sam doesn't get the underlying tone but you do.

You turn your head to Sharon who is currently laying on the ground with a bullet wound to the side. 'Go help Sharon Sam... let me talk to her...'

'I don't need to talk to you!' Karli turns and aims the gun right at your chest. You put your hands up to show her you're not hostile.

'You're scared Karli... I know it's difficult to put down the gun and stop the fight... even now I have trouble with refraining myself from going after those senators...'

'You may be a goody two shoes, but this fight needs to be fought... for everyone who is being treated like us..'

'And I get that... but this isn't the way-'

'You pretended to be good, you protected and served and what did those people do for you? Huh? Nothing!'

You swallow down your anger, she's not a target, she's not hostile this is just the fear talking. She's trying to manipulate you.

'And they will pay, but the cant do that if they're dead Karli..' you reply, her resolve falters a little. She can at least acknowledge that you're right about that.

'I can help you do it the right way... together we can do it...'

'Stop manipulating me! You're in my head!'

'Karli... I am not in your head... this is all you... listen to me... more people will die if we don't stop this... people already died that didn't need to...'

You slowly turn one hand. You stretch it out for her to take. You're so close to saving her, to stopping this madness. To finally get your peace or at least get the chance to work for it again.

The look in her eyes softens at your actions. You almost got her, almost... and then...

'No... it's too late..' she suddenly says. Not close enough.

'Karli don't!' Sam yells as he quickly gets up. He kicks the gun out of her hands before she throws a punch. Sam flies across the room and crawls up immediately to watch Karli grab you around the throat and pin you against the wall.

'Fight me!' She commands of you but you don't reply, nor do you engage in the fight she so desperately wants. 'FIGHT ME!'

'KARLI ENOUGH!' Sam manages to break her away from you.

'How many more people have to die?! Huh?! Hundreds.. thousands?! Stop!'

'She was supposed to understand me! To join me! She's been through the same and worse and yet she won't fight back against them! And neither do you!'

Karli makes a move to attack Sam but before she can even get her hands on him. A gun is fired, her mouth opens in shock.

'NO!' You yell in horror as you watch her fall to her knees.
'Sharon what did you do?!'

'She was going to kill you both...' she breathes back, still in pain.

Karli slides to the floor just as Sam catches her, while you rush to her side. Sam makes room for you while you turn your powers on her. 'Can you?'

'I don't know...' tears blur your vision. You felt her get hit, you felt the pain and with it also the very big part of her that was relieved.

Your arm moves under her head and you pull her into your embrace. Her head comfortably rests against your arm while your free hand tried to locate the wound.