The Legacy pt. 18 🌿 TFATWS

Song: Max Richter - the four seasons / recomposed spring. (Yes this is from Bridgerton but it captures the chapter well)

'Let's have a look shall we? This might feel a bit odd, if it hurts just tell me okay?' The doctor says and you nod.

You lay back and close your eyes. You try to control your breathing as best as you can. Trying to stay strong because this is something you want. You want to get it checked.

'Okay.... you're doing great so far Misses Barnes... how are you enjoying the freedom?' She asks, trying to make conversation and honestly. She's too nice to shut down.

'I'm very happy...'

'That's so good to hear.... you deserve it...' she smiles at you and you smile back.

'Just hold still Y/n... you'll make it worse for yourself...'

Your hands start trembling. The doctor immediately stops and checks to see if you're okay. Your skin goes pale.

'Y/n... are you still with me?'

You continue to stare up. 'Just get it over with.. please...' your voice becomes weak and shaky.

'I won't continue until you're ready... we're almost done... I know this is hard on you...'

'Just keep going please...' you beg for her to continue, to get this over with.

'Okay... okay I will...' she returns to examine you, and you lay there. On the verge of crying and shaking violently. You wish Bucky was here in the room with you.

The doctor keeps going for a couple more minutes before announcing she is done. She gives you some time to get dressed and proper again. She guides you to the seat in front of her desk and sits you down.

'Okay so... I have a few questions to ask.. are you up for that?'

You nod, the colour slowly returning to your skin again. 'Yeah whatever you want to know...'

'When was the last time you had your period?'

'I... If I remember correctly... right before they captured me... ever since then I didn't have one... is that bad?'

'It doesn't have to be... it's just a routine question... just like the next... have you had any feeling that you would consider abnormal in your stomach slash Blatter area?'

You think about that one and the answer to that is yes, you've been feeling like you've been pregnant this entire time. You felt something. 'Yeah... I... actually thought I was pregnant during the flag smashers period... but the test turned out negative...'

'Hmm okay..' She hums before continuing bombarding you with more questions. It's taking its toll on you, your head is pounding more by the second.

'So... from what I saw... I can tell you that they indeed tried to decrease the possibility of you conceiving children...'

You close your eyes as a hand clasps over your mouth. A lone tear rolls down your face. 'But! But... they failed...'

'What?' You ask confused, your eyes wide in surprise.

'Misses Barnes.. I am glad to inform you, that you are able to conceive children... and my guess is that you're already pregnant... your body is healing incredibly fast... I wouldn't be surprised if you're already expecting...'

In that moment you're not thinking about yourself though, you're thinking about everyone but yourself. You're trying to predict Bucky's reaction.

You always talk about kids. How badly you both want them together and how you would raise them, even names are discussed. He will be so incredibly happy. And so are you.