The legacy pt. 2 🌿 TFATWS (spoilers.. duh)

Song: Spectre Vocal

Your first experiment with a doctor was way back, maybe, roughly about 10 years? Probably even longer than that. There aren't any good memories to go around the whole doctor thing.

Doctors always said they were trying to make you better, but they only made everything hurt more. You sometimes can still feel your nerves burning with the serum they tried to give you. The magic inside started to force it out again, that's when they found out it wasn't a mutation like they initially thought.

You kept your mouth shut about what you were of course, a trait you certainly kept over the years. Turns out with good reason, because now everyone knows what and who you are, they know what you look like, where you're from.

You liked it better when they didn't know you at all. Now they judge away at everything you do and/or say.

Its exactly the opposite with Bucky, most people forgot about him in the last 5 years. They forgot what he looked like and that he was in fact the Winter Soldier. They gave him amnesty so that he could live as a normal civilian again.

And what did they try to give you? A shock collar that would supposedly block you from using your powers. It didn't. That became awfully clear during one of your therapy sessions with your favourite person on the planet.

'Miss Maximoff... I'm glad you decided to come to me...'

You huff as you cross your arms, you lean further back into the couch that is way too uncomfortable to be stationed in a psychiatrists office.

Seriously what is it made out of? Concrete?

'Wasn't exactly my choice...' you mutter stoically.

She chuckles slightly as she takes out the notepad. She scribbles down some words before looking back up at you again.

'You're much like your fiancé... he wasn't as keen on talking either..'

'Well you kind of attacked him last time... you should be happy I'm not hurling anything at your head right now...'

Her smile fades a little. Your smirk only grows. She scribbles again and you roll your eyes. 'Really? The notepad? Again?'

'The government asks me to document any type of behaviour.. they need to know if it's safe to let you wander around..' she explains.

'I did it for years... nobody noticed a thing...I saved an entire town from my sister even though she didn't do it on purpose.. you're welcome by the way... and now I get punished for it?'

'So you feel angry? Like we are punishing you..'

'Are You fucking joking? Wouldn't you feel angry if you help someone and get punished for it? Do you know what that feels like? To be antagonised by everyone?'

She just stares at you which makes you scoff out loud. 'Of course you don't... you show all this interest.. empathy... but you're just as afraid of me as everyone else... I mean, why else would you put this collar on me other than the reason that you obviously want to create a false sense of safety...'

'Despite what you may think of me.. Miss Maximoff... I am not afraid of you... I work with a lot of powerful people...'

'Do they all wear this ridiculous thing around their neck?' You snap, she flinches and that's all the conformation you need. She stays silent yet again, maybe she doesn't like talking. She sure as hell isn't doing it much. 'See? You're scared of me...'