Cheating pt.4 🌿 Bucky/Steve (request)

Song: Selena Gomez - lose you to love me.

I hope this is okay... 😊

'Bucky I'm serious, if you say one more negative thing about her I will cut you... this is Her day and you won't ruin it like you did with the proposal..'

'She already forgave me for that...'

'You have a serious alcohol problem...' Wanda crosses her arms over her chest. 'Why do you get so damn mean whenever you've had too much?'

'If I would've fucking known.. I would do something about it...' he sits back in his chair.

He really doesn't know why he gets this salty when he sees you and Steve happy together. Maybe it's jealousy or maybe it's something else, but right now?, he is out to hurt you again.

'God just look at them... the perfect fucking couple... it's making me sick...'

'Bucky stop..' Wanda grits her teeth.

'I'm glad that at least you're better than her... she was a waste of my time... she will be a waste of Steve's... you're better in bed too-'

'Buck-'

'It's true...' he slurs.

'You got class and she's a whore...'

You catch the last sentence he says. It sends a wave of pain over your chest. Even at your wedding he's trying to ruin this while Wanda again is trying to keep him from doing that.

Bucky grins when he sees you heard him. He likes the way you react and sober him doesn't know why. His sober self hates to see you unhappy but hydra mixed with alcohol is bound to be trouble.

'Yeah you heard me y/n!, how much did Steve pay you for it actually?' He yells making everyone quiet.

But this time around your reaction is different, he frowns when he sees your facial expression harden at his words. Your nostrils flare as you stand up.

'You know what?... Barnes?... in the passed time you have done nothing but embarras me, humiliate me and call me names, well that ends here and now...'

'Go ahead... I'm sure halfway through your little speech you'll be crying and running away... like you always do...' He grins back.

'Since you know all about the truth, why don't we tell everyone here the truth!, the truth that you and I were deeply in love, you even were planning to ask me to marry you until Wanda came along!, you tell everyone that you don't care about me and that you were horny, but the truth is that you were begging at my door at night to let you in!, to cuddle you and help you with your nightmares, I helped you through Everything! And you did nothing back!, no comfort whatsoever!'

You can see his posture change already.

'You tell everything that I'm a whore but you've fucked all of Brooklyn!, you tell everyone that I was the bad egg in the relationship!, I have you everything and got nothing in return but dishonesty and pain!, you got mad at ME after I caught YOU with someone else!, the night I got engaged you said I was just a means to an end!, and even now on my wedding night you dare to call ME a whore!'

Bucky looks at Wanda for support but she turns her head away from him, he needs to be put in his place.

'All while you're the one who sticks his dick into anything that comes your way!, I really hope for you that Wanda changes you for the better!'

'Oh and another thing... I know you're jealous that I've moved on from such a prick!, that I'm better off with your best friend!, that I can be happier with anybody else but you!'

You walk until you're standing right in front of him. 'I'm going to ask you to leave, and you will oblige, because if you ever ruin anything else for me, I will be the one to end you, not Steve, not Wanda... ME!'

Bucky looks away from you, he looks at his shoes in embarrassment. Your little speech side sobered him up a bit. He finally understands how you felt when he said those things about you. It's not a great feeling.

So he walks away like you did every time, on the verge of crying and hurt.

Wanda takes your hand and squeezes it to calm you down a bit. 'You did the right thing...'

'I'm sorry Wanda... I'm sorry if I insulted you with the things I said...'

'Don't... he needed to be put in his place, this is your day... he doesn't get to do this, not this time...he struggles and he's afraid to admit it to you when he's... sober... I've stood by long enough now...'

'Wanda...'

'No he needs to stop drinking and be honest with you...'

•••

'Y/n?' You hear a fragile voice behind you, you turn around to see Bucky standing there.

After months of being away, both of you, you're back in the compound again. And you have to admit he looks a lot better than when he left.

'Yes?' You ask, still a bit defensive.

'I owe you a big apology... and I know it's not an excuse but I wasn't myself.. and you made me feel what it's like to be in your shoes when I called you all those awful things...Wanda send me to sober up, to stop it altogether, the drinking.. I.. I really ruined everything.. and I will forever feel guilty for that...and I'm actually glad you called me out..'

No jokes, no laughter just him being serious. That's all you wanted, an honest apology. For him to be honest with you, it makes a big burden fall off of your shoulders.

'I was jealous that you were so happy, I wanted that too and now I have that with Wanda, she really helped me... and I did love you... very much.. I'm not scared to admit it anymore because I'd be lying if I said I didn't adore you... I was stupid.. And I don't want you to forgive me for it... I don't deserve that...'

'Buck..' you sigh.

'No I don't... because I would've reacted the same... I hurt you while you didn't ever hurt me back...I just want to apologise for everything...'

'I.. wow...it's... its a lot...' you fiddle with your fingers. 'All I wanted was for us to be happy, maybe not with each other but... just.. happy.. we deserve that much with the enemies we have to face... and I'm glad you realise the hurt you caused...and that you mean your apology...'

Silence falls over you, not an awkward one, not a very comfortable one either.

'I uh..best go...take care y/n..' he softly smiles at you before turning to walk away.

'Bucky wait...' you stop him, you wrap your arms around him in an attempt to hug him.

He freezes. Out of all the things he expected from you, this surely wasn't one of them.  

'You can make it up to me...'

'How?'

'Take better care of yourself, stay loyal to Wanda and be happy...' you smile as you lean back, letting go off him.

'I don't deserve you..' you see tears in his eyes.

'Don't screw it up... for her sake and for your own.. promise me you will do your absolute best..'

'I promise...'

'Then go...' you smile and he nods. 'I'll be alright...'

'You always are... that's what I admire most about..'

You chuckle as he turns and walks away, to his better life.

'Did he hurt you?!, I swear if he did-'

'Steve..' you sigh chuckling. 'He came to apologise and to tell me the truth... and he's doing better now...'

'Good...' Steve wraps his arm around your waist and you cuddle onto his side.

'Now come on.. we have suitcases to unpack..'

'UGH why do you have to ruin such a beautiful moment...' you whine making him bark out a laugh.