Bet on it pt.4 🌿 Steve/Bucky (request)

Song: Selena Gomez - lose you to love me.

'This place ain't half bad...' Bucky looks around the hotel room.

The whole team decided to go on a vacation together, white beaches and sunny weather. Maybe to keep you happy at least because ever since what happened, you've been a nightmare to everyone involved in the bet. Maybe they're trying to suck up to you a little bit.

'Well, I picked it out so of course it's not bad..' Tony says.

'We will see you guys at dinner tonight..' Steve tries to lighten the mood between you too.

'Perfectly splendid...' you reply, obviously faking it, much to Bucky's amusement.

'What do you say doll?' He wraps an arm around your waist while you wrap yours around his neck. 'You wanna get out of here?, maybe go to the beach and go for a swim?'

'Sounds great...' you giggle as you and Bucky walk off.

Steves heart sinks a bit, he knows he hasn't got any rights to feel this way about you and Bucky being together. And he knows your feelings-for-him-train left the station ever since your big fight. But seeing you have fun with his ex-best friend instead of him makes him feel mad and sad at the same time. So smad, the new emotion invented by the one and only Steve Rogers.

'Steve let it go... she's finally happy and I won't watch you ruin that for her...' Natasha mutters at Steve.

'Hey I can try...'

'Steven Grant Rogers I will break every bone in your body if you do...' Natasha snaps at him.

'That girl went through enough in her life already, so if you even remotely try to snatch her away from Bucky, I will be your worst nightmare... matter of fact, what gives you the right to even think about doing that?!'

'Nat I-'

'No!, you really hurt her!, she still gets panic attacks when she thinks about what happened!, she's finally smiling again!, I WILL END YOU, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!'

'Geez Nat tone it down a little...' Tony tries to joke, earning a tough glare from the Black Widow.

'Everyone that was involved in the bet, better stay away from her..'

'Yes ma'am..'

•••

Bucky walks out of the ocean, his hand goes through his wet hair, sliding it back.

You're laying on the small bed by the ocean, watching him come out of that water like a Greek god. Your fingers slowly go to the sunglasses on your nose.

You slowly slide them down a bit to get a better look. You smirk when his eyes catch yours. He smirks back as he stalks over to you.

He climbs on the bed, the water droplets landing on your body as well as on the white cushion beneath you. You giggle when the cold water touches your sunbathing skin.

'I saw you... shameless dame you are huh?'

'Can't help it when my boyfriend is the hottest soldier in the world..' you chuckle.

His face is inches from yours, his nose actually lightly hovering over yours. You close your eyes as you lean your forehead against his.

'Now you can't escape...' he hums and you chuckle before pecking his lips and sliding away, using the small window he created to get out.

'Oh you cheeky little-'

'If you want a real kiss you better catch me!' You giggle before running away from him.

Bucky of course is much faster than you are. So by the time you're actually looking for him, he's sneaking up on you from behind.

The whole team is watching it happen from a distance, most of them have a smile plastered on their faces, seeing you so happy makes them happy too.

But not Steve, he has to watch you fall in love with someone else while he had the chance to actually be with you.

Every kiss, every type of affection you give Bucky makes Steve jealous, envious, of what you two have.

The rest of the vacation, you and Bucky aren't afraid of touching each other, not even in public. The hand holding and the cuddling, the small kisses on your cheek and neck.

It drives Steve insane and you know it, but you're way past caring. A teammate, that's all he is to you. 

But Natasha's treats did have an effect on him. He wasn't going to ruin the happiness you have. He fucked up, and he will regret it for the rest of his life. But he knows better than to make the same mistake twice. Hurting you.

So he watches you with pain in his chest, but with a blank expression on his face. Even when Bucky asks you to marry him, even on your wedding day, he had the same expression on his face, blank..