Reunited and it feels so.. 🌿 Bucky/ Steve (request)

Song: Jason Derulo - breathing.

Imagine; you grew up with hydra and with Bucky, then he leaves, and a couple years later Steve finds you and takes you with him to the tower.

•••

'I will come back for you I swear...'

'Don't go please...' your hand wraps around his wrist and he swears it breaks his heart.

The once powerful and fearless woman is now so fragile in front of him. And how could she not. Bucky has been your handler, your rock in this sea of troubles and pain.

'Don't leave me here Bucky please...'

'Y/n if I don't go and get to the avengers in time... we will both die in here... I'll come back I swear to you...' he quickly wraps a hand around your waist and pulls you against him, kissing your lips to convince you.

He puts his forehead against yours. 'I love you y/n...'

'I love you too.... let me help you escape...'

'No its too dangerous.... they will find out... you're the only one that has powers with water and ice and stuff... they will inflict even more pain on you when they find out about us...'

He was right, you didn't listen to him, they found out and well, they didn't really appreciate you helping him and being much more than just handler and the one who needs to be handled.

They hurt you a lot, just plain abuse and then treating the wounds. But Bucky's promise is helping you through it.

'How you doing today sweetheart?, still waiting for your man to show up?, spoiler alert... he won't... he left you here.. all on your own...'

'Fucking liar!' You fight against the restraints, only making it more amusing for the people tormenting you.

What they forgot however is the one main rule when they're assigned to abuse you. No water. One of those obviously dumb guys brought a glass of water.

You stretch your hand towards the glass, and just as one of the guys notices it, you're already cut loose.

You hold the spike of ice in your hands as a smirk tugs at your lips.

'You fucking idiots...' you chuckle.

'Call the boss!, now!' One of them yells before getting slammed into the wall by your bare hands.

You're not only incredibly skilled with water, you're also one of the most dangerous spies around. You have a killpercentage of 100%, that's even higher than Bucky had.

You shove the spike into the second guy and kick him away before slicing the other guys throat. The blood splattering all over you and your clothes.

'You're all going to die...'

•••

'I thought the place was abandoned?' Steve asks Natasha through his com.

He's walking through the dark hallways of the facility hydra kept you in after Bucky's escape. It's covered in bodies.

'It should be...'

'Then why are there bodies lying around with fresh blood all over them... oh god.. Some of them are even moving...' he makes a noise of disgust.

'There's some movement on the south side...two people... that could be the girl Bucky was referring to in his sleep...'

'Lets hope so... he's been cooped up in his room... you know he won't come out until we find her... I really do hope it's alive...'

'Yeah me too...' Nat sighs.

Suddenly the building shakes. It makes the walls shake and the ceiling crack.

'Southside is collapsing!, better hurry there Cap!'

Steve moves a little faster now right to the part of the building that just collapsed. And to his surprise he sees a woman standing up and dusting herself off.

He shines his flashlight right into your eyes and you flinch before covering the light with your hand.

'Whats your name?' He asks as stern as possible.

'What's yours?'

'I'm Steve Rogers...' He answer truthfully.

'Wait as in... Bucky Barnes' best friend?' You ask, a little hope sparking inside of you.

'Yes...'

'Did he.. did he send you here?' You ask stepping closer to him. 'I'm y/n, by the way...'

Steve puts his flashlight down and nods as you walk up to him so you can have a normal conversation.

'No.. but he has been cooped up in his room because he couldn't find your location... so my team and I searched day and night... and we would like you to come back to our compound..'

'Everything is better than this dump...I'm done with hydra trying to control me... I'm done with every single one of them..'

Steve glances around the hallway and nods. 'I can see that...'

He looks at you and sees a lot of blood. 

'Don't worry... it's not mine...'

•••

'Buck... you have to come out of your room... it's been weeks since we last saw you...'

'Give me one good reason...' he barks from behind his closed door.

'Buck you might want to join us in the common room for this...she's waiting for you...'

'Who is?' He asks, curiosity getting the better of him.

He creeks his door open to see his friends standing there, all excited.

'Okay fine...' he grumbles as he finally comes out of his room.

Everyone there ushers him on to go to the common area and it kind of reminds him of Christmas morning.

'So how long have you been able to do this?' Tony asks.

'For as long as I can remember-'

Your voice sounds so familiar to Bucky. But he can't place it yet. To be faience hasn't heard it in four years.

You're busy talking to Tony when he sees you, and he might faint from the mixed emotions he is feeling.

You don't notice him at first but then your voice dies in the middle of a sentence when your eyes find his.

You slowly rise from your feet while a smile spreads across your face. 'James...' you breathe before running right into his arms.

'I couldn't find you..I..I tried.. but I couldn't and now you're here...' He babbles making you chuckle.

You lean back to slip your arm to the nape of his neck. His arm moves around your waist and he pulls you impossibly closer.

You pull his lips against yours, much to the surprise of those around you. Well not much to Steve and Nats surprise but anyway.

He again lays his forehead against yours and whispers the words you've been dying to hear for years.

'I love you...'