I can't stand you 🌿 Pietro (request)

Song: The Neighbourhood - stuck with me.

Imagine; you get hurt on a mission and Pietro freaks out.

I really don't know what I did here but I hope it's okay!

•••

'Stop bouncing up and down Pietro... I'm sure she's fine...' Wanda chuckles at her brothers excitement.

Her brother, or as Wanda and Peter both call him, the absolute simp for you, can't wait for his girl to return from the mission he was banned from.

They needed you for your skills, his weren't needed, end of story. He was mad that he wasn't able to come with you, just because he wants to keep you safe, to know that you're safe.

Which you weren't. He doesn't know it yet but you are probably going to come out of that jet limping and hanging off of Steve while clutching your side.

It's not life threatening, but you know Pietro will go mental over it. Good thing he wasn't there to see it happen. They got you good.

If it wasn't for Natasha and her quick thinking, you would be hanging by a threat.

'We need a medical team on stand by like yesterday!' Tony yells in the com. He's just as stressed as everyone else.

Remember when you said you weren't in any danger? Yeah no, that was a lie. You think you're not but reality is often disappointing. You're fading in and out of consciousness, it freaks everyone out.

Pietro frowns as nurses and doctors rush to the jet, his stomach drops as the hatch opens. He sees the scared and stressed faces of the team, and then he sees you limping and hanging off of Steve while he is trying to hold you up.

His feet move before his brain registers it, he's by your side in and instant and when your head turns, a sly smile spreads on your face. 'Piet...' you breathe.

'Princessa... what happened?' He asks, panic laces his voice.

'We got ambushed, if it wasn't for Nat she'd be in worse shape..' Steve answers for you. 'You should've seen the other guys...' you crack a joke, but it doesn't land as well as it should.

Steve lifts you up and carefully lays you down on the stretcher. Pietro takes your hand in his once Steve stepped aside.

He's in a daze as he watches you. Anger courses through his veins at this point. How could you be so reckless and still crack jokes like this?

Then comes the worry, will you be okay?

Relief follows, you're still alive enough to joke around so the damage can be repaired right?

'Pietro... they have to take her.. we can visit her later Okay' Wanda pulls her brother back.

'It's gonna be okay baby..' you say to him before his hand glides out of yours.

•••

'Can you at least look at me? I'm fine...' your annoyed voice echoes through the med bay.

'You almost weren't..' he mutters, his accent dripping. You know he is upset and panicking.

Truth is that you were too, you were afraid to never see him again when you laid there, drowning in pain. But he's been ignoring you for a solid week now and that hurts even more. It isn't even your fault.

'That wasn't my fucking fault... Pietro come on... I'm better now, I'll be dismissed in a few days... at least look at me.. because this hurts more than those injuries...'

'Good...'

Tears form in your eyes. He regrets saying it immediately. He didn't mean for it to come out harsh, it's his anger and worry talking.

'Y/n-'

'No its fine... if you don't want to worry anymore then just go... this wasn't my fault and you know that! So either go or stay and stop ignoring me...' you wipe your tears harshly.

'I am sorry... I am... I was panicking... and I don't handle this well... I want you to be safe and seeing you like that.. you looked like a beat up rag doll...'

'I'm sorry you had to see me like that.. I never wanted it to go that way...I wanted to go home and just stay in our room... cuddle all night and watch movies but the ambush.. it came out of nowhere...' You hiccup.

He moves closer to you and pulls you into a tight hug. He kisses your head. 'You're okay now...and I am never staying behind, they will have to chain me to something...'

Your laughter makes him smile again. 'And sorry for ignoring you...'

'Please don't do it again..'

'I won't I promise... I'm glad you're okay now...'

He cups your cheek and wipes away your tear. 'And when you can get out of this place, we will still cuddle and watch movies Okay?'

'I'd love that...'

'And I love you...'

'Cheesy as always... I love you too...' you smile back at him. You take a shuddering breath before wiping your cheeks one more time.

'I mean it.. Piet... I love you...'

'Good...'