Mob AU part 3 🌿 Bucky

Song: XXXTENTACION - fuck love Ft. Trippie Red

After a couple weeks of being in the hospital, Y/n recovers better than expected. But the amount of injuries she got were too severe to allow her to leave that awful hospital.

She walked around with too much on her plate, not like she didn't know that already. But all she wants is to go out of this hospital and find her son.

Turns out she didn't have to leave the hospital for her to be able to see her son again.

'I love you mommy..' Damian sighs as he curls up on her side. His small frame laying next to hers on the hospital bed.

She got her arms wrapped around him, keeping him close to her. Her fingers lazily weave through the dark hair. She can't remember the last time she held him this close. But having him here is comfort of the highest rank.

'I love you too baby...' she whispers before placing a loving kiss on his head.

'Does this hurt?' He asks.

'No.. you could never hurt me... besides.. mommy gets those really good sweets that make the pain go away...'

'Like when you kiss away my pain?' He looks up, his icy blue eyes fixating on his mothers.

'Exactly like that...'

He lays his head back down on her chest. She obviously feels the pain but she wants to stay strong, for him. That's how she was raised as well, to not show any pain when others are around.

That's the way the world works... you show any signs of vulnerability, You're taken down. Y/n knows now that it's true, she always believed it wouldn't be that bad but turns out it is.

Her own husband capable of those horrible things to everyone else except for her, a big lie. He wouldn't take her son away, also a lie. He would never hurt her in any way, the biggest lie of them all. Because he hurt her in every way. The strange part of it all is that she still feels something for him, not something negative at least.

And Bucky? He can only stare at Y/n from his corner of the room. He wallows in guilt and self hatred, it's justified. He wants to punch everything around him, he wants to scream until his lungs give out, cry until he's all dried out, all at the same time when he looks at the harm he caused Y/n. His girl, his everything, his wife.

Then there's more bad news circling around New York, the biggest mob, Hydra, has set its eyes on every other mob in the city, and now, given that the biggest mob, Bucky and   Y/n's is currently torn up, there is nothing Bucky can do to stop it.

She deserves to know, but he doesn't want to dragged through more, the stress alone could quite literally mean her end.

'What's wrong?' Y/n pulls him out of the train of thought.

Right, his tells. When he lies, his mouth twitches, when he's stressed, his forehead scrunches up. And when he's holding something from Y/n, she tells by the way he sits, elbows on his knees and his hands wringing together in frustration, like he's doing now.

'And don't you lie to me...' she adds.

Bucky glances at Damian, which is a sign to Y/n that he can't say anything with him present. Damian yawns and gets even more comfortable against Y/n.

'It can wait...' he answers, it really can't.

She nods, and for the first time Bucky sees something other than pure hatred in her eyes. It's more familiar, its worry. A glimpse of hope sparks within him. Maybe it's not too late for him. But as soon as it arrives, it's gone again, and yet again so is the hope.