Lie pt.2 🌿 Bucky (requested)

Song: Dermot Kennedy - Glory.

Pt.1 is in the 3rd imagines book!

•••

'I'm sorry you thought you had to lie to me...'

The hurt on your face still makes Bucky's heart clench. How he could destroy you little by little like that without even noticing has him on the verge of panic attacks.

The team starts to notice the change in his behaviour, he's back to acting the way he was before he met you. Reckless and cold hearted, broody even. He's not himself, Steve is the first one to actually speak up about it, which earns him a snarl from Bucky to get lost.

That's when Steve realised that Bucky is only acting this way because of your absence. He heard Bucky say something about breaking up with you, he didn't think much of it then, mainly because Bucky said you weren't his type, but Steve finally realised that it's not the case here.

'We have to do something..' Natasha mutters to Steve one day and he agrees. 'I can't watch this any longer, he's clearly in love with her, and he doesn't know how to handle it...' he sits back in the couch and she joins his side.

Natasha turns her head with a slight frown. Steve rolls his eyes. 'I thought you knew everything...'

'Not from before I was even born Rogers...'

'He had this girl.. Dolores.. Dot.. He was in love with her, I think he treated Y/n the same way, he doesn't mean to but he does it without knowing.. he tells the world around him he's not in lovebirds behind closed doors he's an open book...'

'Why though?' Natasha asks. 'Why would he do that?'

'He's insecure... and I don't really know why that makes him act the way he does but he's just.. miserable... he's getting sloppy too on missions.. I don't want him to end up dead-'

'STEVE!' Tony yells through the hallways. Steve immediately jumps up at the mention of his name. 'It's Bucky...' he pants.

'What about him?'

•••

'Tell me the truth... why are you in the medbay and not up in the living room?' Steve states almost annoyed.

'I wasn't paying attention...'

'Yeah I know that much, Buck there was a time where you would be scolding me for this shit and not the other way around, what's going on with you?'

'Nothin'

'Oh let me try that again...you don't have to tell me because I already know... you treated Y/n just like you treated Dot... and that's why you're acting reckless!'

'What am I supposed to do Steve?! Huh? I love her okay! You're right! I love her! And I fucked up because I have so many fucking issues and I don't know how to handle it!'

Its a heavy weight being lifted from his shoulders, it's good to finally admit what he did to you, how he hurt you and that you made him a better person, you made him focus on missions, he had someone to come home to, he had someone that loved him. Loved, as in past tense.