Copy and paste 🌿 Steve/Bucky (request)

Song: Wayfarers - just our style.

Imagine: Steve and Bucky get invited for a lunch by Dum Dum, there they meet their exact copies. (Lets pretend that Dum Dum Dugan is not over a 100 years old)

•••

'Wow..' Steve smiles as he looks around the house.

'Yeah not bad right? After the war we just settled... got a wife and kids.. I even got grandkids in their teens now..' Dugan sighs as he sits down with Steve and Bucky. 'They live here now, bene this way since they were little..'

'How come?' Bucky can't help but ask, earning a shove from Steve.

'It's okay Rogers.. he can ask.. my son in law walked out on them.. my daughter passed shortly after, were still not sure from what though, but they've been living here ever since.. I think you'll get along just fine..'

The boys are pleasantly surprised that Dugan got to have the life they could only wish for. Wife, kids, grandkids, he got it all. And they're happy to see Dugan this happy.

Steve notices something oddly familiar about a picture of his grandchildren though.

'Oh that's my granddaughter and grandson, Y/n and Grant...' Dugan follows Steve's eyeline. 'They should be here any second-'

'I'm fine!' A male voice snaps as the front door opens.

'I don't give a damn, get inside.. now!' A female voice sternly replies to the man. 'Move it before I kick your ass even further, what were you thinking?!'

The door clicks shut and every head is turned to the hallway now. Steve and Bucky frown while Dugan just sighs.

'Y/n... what is it this time?' He groans.

'Boys down the street picking on Grant again...' it comes from the hallway.

'I swear it wasn't me this time grandpa-' follows the male voice.

'Get your ass into the kitchen and grab what you need.. we've done this so many times I expect you to know what you need.. go...' Y/n pinches the bridge of her nose, clearly frustrated by her big brother at this point.

'He seriously needs to know to pick his battles-' her head moves towards Steve and Bucky.

'As I was saying this morning, we have guests coming over..'

'Hi..' she greets them,

'hi...you uh, got a little something..' Bucky points to his knuckles to signal her to look at her own. She looks down and when she sees the damaged skin, she quickly covers them.

'Y/n...'

'He deserved it... if it wasn't for me stepping in, Grant would be in the hospital right now.. that punk..' she argues.

'Jerk!' Comes Grants voice from the kitchen. 'Grant quit it...' Misses Dugan snaps.

'Okay well.. will you please go and clean up before grandma gets angry at me for ruining the lunch?' Dugan asks his granddaughter.

'Fine...' she sighs before hurrying up the stairs.

It stays silent for a couple seconds before Steve speaks up. 'That was one hell of an introduction...' he chuckles.

'Yes well... they remind me of two people.. ya know, from back in the day...' he smirks.

'No kiddin...' Bucky drawls out. 'They're exact copies, well I mean Grant is obviously you.. getting into trouble..all the time...' Bucky teases Steve.

'Oh yes, Grant doesn't know when to shut up for his own good... luckily he has Y/n to cover for him.. if she finds him in time.. they always jump Grant in the alleys... cowards... and Y/n.. well she's a trouble maker as well, always standing up for others...she might come across as intimidating but she's just a big softie..'

'Sounds like someone I know...' Steve glances at Bucky.

'Really? I don't know what you're talking about...' Bucky huffs.

•••

'So uh... Y/n..' She looks up from her plate and smiles at Steve. 'What are your hobbies?'

Bucky gives him a slight side eye. He's already onto him. Steve's trying to see how much Y/n resembles Bucky, or he's trying to prove something to Bucky, well two can play at that game.

'I mean.. I'm a true nerd... I'm currently reading Lord of the Rings... but I like technology as well..' she answers before taking another bite of her food. Steve leans back into his chair with a smug smile on his face.

'And what about you Grant?'

'Besides getting beat up in alleys he means..' Y/n clarifies, earning an annoyed shove from her big brother while she grins. Steve again glances at Bucky, exactly like you..

'Oh I Uhm... I like drawing.... I like the vintage stuff, I collect records, I have an old record player... And uh-'

'Challenging people into fighting you is also a very big hobby of yours...' Y/n comments again.

'Will you shut up..' Grant shoves her again with a small smile growing on her face.

Now it's Bucky's turns to lean back with a smirk. Steve rolls his eyes at Bucky hole Dum Dum laughs to himself.

Yup, exactly alike...