Not important enough 🌿 Bucky.

Song: Imagine Dragons - cool out.

Imagine; Bucky not telling you he's going back to cryo and you finding out last minute.

I just noticed that every major angst chapter is with Bucky and I don't know why, Bucky is my favourite character, and still I put you and him through hell, btw you're also my favourite characters. 😂😂

•••

'Bucky what has gotten into you...' you chuckle as he  continues to pepper your face and neck with kisses.

'Are you complaining?' He asks lifting his head to look at your face, his weight resting peacefully on top of you in a very non suffocating way.

'Hmm no...' you answer with a smirk.

He drops down his face and capture your lips while your arms rub up and down his back.

'I love you... you know that right?' He asks with a husk voice.

'I do... I love you.. you know that.. Bucky what's going on?'

'Nothing I just... I'm finally able to enjoy this... without being hunted by the government or anybody else..'

'Me too... I'm glad we don't have to look over our shoulder anymore...we're safe here..can I say something weird?' He moves off of you with a nod and lays down beside you.

He props himself up on one elbow as his other hand remains on your side.

'You always do, I'm used to it by now...' he jokes and you playfully shove him 'Dick...' you chuckle.

'Anyway... I always felt like everyone I get attached to will leave me sooner or later, they did, but with you I don't have the same feeling...'

Bucky smiles, a facade he holds up because he knows that he is leaving you tomorrow, to go into cryo and get everything out that Hydra put in his head. He believes he's saving you from more pain by not telling you, he won't be able to see it anyway, so really he's saving himself.

'I wouldn't be able to leave you..' he mummers against your lips before once more kissing you.

After that he positions himself on top of you again, pulling your legs around his waist. 'I want to... tonight.. if you're ready...'

'I.. wow buck... i... is that what was bothering you?'

'Y-Yeah..' he lies and a smile spreads on your face.

'I would love to Buck... I trust you...'

•••

Bucky sits on the metal table, his arm already taken off and covered. He's just waiting for Steve so he can have a talk with him before going into cryo.

But all he can think about is you. The night he spend was probably the best he's had in his life. He wishes he doesn't have to make you wait like this. He wants to spend all his time with you but he's just too afraid of hurting you.

You're waking up in an empty bed. So you quickly get dressed and make your way to the kitchen with a huge smile on your face.

'Good morning y/n..' Shuri says, she doesn't look that happy and it makes you frown.

'Morning... you're usually more chipper in the morning..' you comment as you get yourself a glass of orange juice.

'You haven't heard yet?, I thought he would've told you already...' Shuri mutters.

'Told me what?' You ask before taking a sip of your orange juice.

'He's going into cryo until we find something to get Hydra out of his head...'