Its yours 🌿 Steve

Song: The Marías - just a feeling.

Imagine; you get pregnant, Steve thinks you cheated because you've been using protection. You do a test.

Angst with a relatively happy ending!

•••

Steve and you have always been this power couple, you work together like an oiled machine. You fit together like two pieces of a puzzle and yet, nothing prepared you for his reaction.

'Steve-' You don't know what to say anymore.

You thought he'd be happy since you talked about kids already. About marriage and what not. So this reaction from him is something you didn't see coming. 

Sure, you had tried to do it safely, mainly because you weren't planning on having kids anytime soon. Steve never forced you to take the pill though, he knew how harmful those things could really be. You used condoms every time but somehow his super soldier sperm found your egg and that had set you upon this road.

Steve's heart broke when he heard this news, afraid that you cheated on him since he used protection. It's not that he didn't want a family with you, but his stubbornness doesn't make it any easier.

'Did you cheat on me Y/n? Because we used protection...'

'What? That is absurd Steve! Of course I would never cheat on you! Are you insane?!'

'Then how?! We used protection!'

'Yeah but there's always a slight risk! I told you that from the start! And who knows?! Maybe the serum did it's part... it's yours Steve...I thought you wouldn't react so angry... i.. we talked about these things already-'

'Just admit it Y/n... I just need to know the truth... this could destroy my image-'

'I AM CARRYING YOUR BABY AND ALL YOU CAN THINK OF IS YOUR IMAGE?!' You harshly shove him away from you.

'I am literally expecting you to be somewhat happy to start a family, even if it wasn't planned! We both knew this could happen! And you're standing there thinking about your good boy image! I didn't cheat on you so fuck you for even remotely suggesting that!' You choke down a sob.

'I'm sorry y/n but I need to know...'

'I don't even know why I'm still standing here telling you I didn't cheat over and over again for you to just continue asking me same damn question... we are having a baby Steve...'

'You're having a baby.. there is no way it could be mine...'

'I can't do this alone-' you whine out.

'I'll tell Tony to get you a different room, You can stay here but don't expect anything from me...' He walks away without another word, leaving you to stand there in shock.

•••

A few days later you're still in shock from that huge argument. One moment you're angry that he would even think about that scenario. Then you're sad because you realise he isn't going to step up and given that the team will take his side in this, you will have to everything on your own. And then you get numb, because you can't handle all the emotions at once so you just shut them off.