I knew it 🌿 Bucky/Tony (request)

Song: Sam Smith - how do you sleep.

I wanted to add pictures or gifs but my phone won't let me since I used all of my internet..

Imagine; Bucky likes you but you're with Tony, one day you find Tony cheating with Pepper. 8 months later, Bucky finally tells you about his crush.

•••

'You want to spend every minute in your fucking lab Tony?, be my guest!, but I'll be upstairs!, waiting for my boyfriend to finally spend some time with me!'

The look on his face honestly broke your heart. Tony was the best boyfriend you could ever wish for but there's one thing that keeps annoying you.

He keeps himself cooped up in his workspace, leaving you alone in bed every single night. You so desperately crave his attention but after the fight you had tonight, you're not counting on it.

You sit up in bed, thinking about everything you said. You feel horrible because you understand what this means to him, his work.

So you slide out of bed and wrap yourself in a robe before your feet take you down the stairs to his lab. You practise your apology in your head a million time's before even looking up into the lab.

It isn't until you hear laughing that you look up, it's amazing to hear him laughing again. But he's not alone, he's even taking a break from work with his assistant Pepper.

Anybody with eyes can see it isn't a casual or work related conversation, it's unprofessional the way she pushes herself up against Tony.

He's laughing with her, he's kissing her in between and all the love you have for him vanishes on the spot. Tears well up in your eyes as you watch them.

'Why can't y/n be more like you huh?, you're not constantly telling me to spend time with you.. god she's annoying... constantly asking for attention... she didn't even apologise for the fight we had...'

'Well I was going to...' You croak out, your hands clutching the soft fabric of your robe. 'But clearly you decide that you'd rather spend time with her than with me...'

'Wait y/n...'

'No no it's fine... just cheat on me it's fine...you decided we were done anyway so everything is cool right?' You chuckle while your tears stream down your face.

'No y/n wait.. you have to let me explain...'

'I'm a burden to you Tony!, so let me take that burden from you.. it's over... enjoy whatever the fuck this is supposed to be...' You gesture at them both before you turn your back to him.

He doesn't even come after you which makes you ever more angry and sad. You try to keep quiet, you really do, but somehow sobs and sniffs make it out anyway. Loud ones too.

Bucky, who is still up, hears you coming down the hall and frowns. He has barely seen you cry before, but the way you look right now breaks his heart.

He has had a crush on you ever since he met you, but of course you were with Tony, so he never made a move. Tony despised him already, he didn't need to be on his kill list.

'Y/n?'

The crying stops immediately in a desperate attempt to cover it up. You quickly wipe your cheeks.

'Hey what's going on?' He softly asks and you wrap your arms around his torso.

You talked for hours that night, getting everything off of your chest, telling him whatever was on your mind and he listened. You couldn't remember the last time a man ever thoroughly listened to you.

It was nice.

This went on for months, months of becoming closed and closed, telling each other everything. The fights with Tony only got worse for Bucky but as long as he had you by his side, it didn't matter. He would go through hell for you.

The only thing he wouldn't do yet is tell you how he felt, he wouldn't do that to you after just having experience the worst breakup of your life. He understood so he waited. But not for much longer.

•••

'I can't believe you let him get away with it y/n!' Bucky angrily follows you into your room.

'Just let him buck I don't care!, neither should you!'

'So you'll allow him to say all those horrible things to you?, you will keep ignoring him because that's clearly not working!, y/n...'

'Why do you care so much huh?!'

'BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!' He yells and you take a step back as your eyes go wide.

'You What now?, for how long?' You ask confused to why someone like Bucky would actually be interested in a wreck like you.

His eyes widen from the sudden confession, a blush takes hold of his cheeks and you think it's the most adorable thing in the world, that's another great achievement.

Achievement: making the fucking Winter Soldier blush.

'I uh... I uh... ever since I met you... I realised I really loved you like a month later, but you were with Tony... and we both know that Tony absolutely hates me... and then you guys broke up and I still couldn't tell you because it would've been wrong...but I really love you...'

'Okay... I.. I didn't see that one coming... but I must say.. it's a pleasant surprise...'

'Because...' he drags out.

'Well because I love you too... I was just...scared I guess...' you fiddle with your fingers.

'So uh... what do normal people do after they confess?'

'Kiss... I think..I've never really confessed my feelings before so-'

In an instant his lips are on yours, you melt against him as your hands go to his chest while his arms snake around your waist. His large hands grip your waist.

'So you love me huh?'

'Definitely...' he answers with a smile.

'More than plums?' You question.

'Know your limits..' he replies and you chuckle.

'Okay... so I am a child... as you know...'

'I'm aware of your very childish behaviour and I have a feeling that you're going to pull me in this...'

'Well, I was gonna make Tony jealous... but it seems like you don't want that-'

'Let's go..' he pulls your hand and you laugh.

Let's say Tony was furious to say the least, and you have to admit that you enjoyed every second of it. Both you and Tony got what you deserved.