The legacy pt. 13 🌿 TFATWS (spoilers!)

Song: Melanie Martinez - teachers pet.

You take a deep breath as your eyes roam over the environment. God it's beautiful. It's been a while since you were actually here.

You still can't comprehend how something that reminds you of years of pain and sorrow, can still be so beautiful.

'You okay?' Bucky hums.

'Yeah... let's get Zemo and hand him over...'

'I'm gonna do something rash... so don't be alarmed...'

'Wait what are you-'

'I thought you'd be here sooner. Don't worry. I've decided I'm not going to kill you.' Zemo speaks up from afar and you turn your head to him.

'Imagine my relief.' Bucky replies stoic. He pulls out a gun and clicks it. Your eyes go wide but then you remember his words. 'Don't be alarmed'

'The girl has been radicalized beyond salvation. I warned Sam, but he didn't listen to me. He's as stubborn as Steve Rogers before him. But you... They literally programmed you to kill. James, do what needs to be done. Karli has people everywhere, and there's only one way to make sure she cannot continue her mission.' Zemo explains.

'Karli may be far but she's not completely radicalised... you were too busy shooting at her to notice...'

'I appreciate the advice. But we're gonna do it our own way.' Bucky adds.

'Yeah. I was afraid you would say that.' Zemo chuckles.

Only a guy like Zemo could smirk while a gun is being shoved into his face. 'What are you doing Bucky?' You play along.

He doesn't reply, instead he keeps aiming the gun, but there's a difference to be spotted this time. He was always able to keep it still, like he was some killing machine, you saw that in plenty of nightmares. But now the gun is unsteady, it shakes a little and you can clearly see he's not that person anymore. For you it's clear at least.

Zemo's smile fades away once he realises Bucky is serious.  His fingers goes to the trigger and he pulls, but nothing happens.

Zemo seems confused at that. Bucky opens his palm and drops the bullets to the ground. There's a loud clank behind you, that's where the Dora Milaje come in once again.

'Ladies...' Zemo sighs as he takes in the two women beside him, trapping him in. 'I took the liberty of crossing off my name in your book. I hold no grudges for what you thought you had to do. Goodbye, James'

'We will take him to the Raft... Where he will live out his days. It would be prudent to make yourself scarce in Wakanda for the time being, White Wolf...'

'Tell T'Challa I said hi...' you smile at Ayo and she nods in return, a small smile playing on her face as well. 'Will do.. Indigo Witch...'

'Fair enough. Hey! I may have another favor to ask of you.'  While Bucky talks to Ayo some more, Zemo stops to talk to you.

'I am still alive... because of you and James... you could've killed me and you didn't... James could've killed me and he didn't... you two truly have changed...'

'And yet you're still the same...'

He chuckles. 'Always a sassy comeback... I want to thank you... I've been a pain in your ass, as you Americans say it...'

'Once again reminding you...' you switch to your original language. 'I am Sokovian...'

'Ah.. I remember now... well anyway... I apologise for my inconvenience... and I truly hope you will stop Karli...'