A void that can't be filled 🌿 Loki royal AU

Song: Hans Zimmer - time (to this day still one of my favorite composers besides Alan Silvestri and Ludwig Göransson)

Imagine; Loki ends up in an arranged marriage with you after his former wife, the queen, passes.

Q/n = Queen's name (you can make that one up)

As usual here's a pretty dress:

•••

He can still hear her voice calling out to him, to grab his attention for the words she last spoke to him before her untimely death. He was to find another woman, kind and good of heart, someone truly deserving to fill her place. To raise their child and to hopefully love Loki the way she does.

Loki still bitterly chuckles at that, she was so selfless, always worried about others, that's how they ended up there in the first place. She was too selfless to take good care of herself. Q/n never was one to put herself over others. And he's still furious about it, even after two years he is still so angry at that.

Things should've changed for Loki when Y/n arrived, even when he married her to please the ones around him, things should've gotten better, she is kind hearted and strong willed as well. She is just like Q/n. And for a while Loki truly enjoyed it, he began loving the woman just like he had with Q/n. And that scares him, so he began shutting her out and slowly everything changed, including Loki himself.

And that was exactly the issue.

His daughter is excited to have someone to guide her. To have a woman to talk to now that her mother is not there anymore. He tries his best to get along with Y/n, but he always gets reminded of his first love, a void that simply can't be filled, no matter how hard he tries. He gets defensive, mean even.

He always feels guilty, not that he'd ever apologise to her or tell her that he feels guilty.

She's miserable, he knows that much. She doesn't want to be near him, that is simply stating the obvious. When they're together it's nothing more than the occasional glance. Maybe a smile if he is lucky.

Odette, his daughter, however gets to see the way she truly is. She loves Y/n already and that's something Loki can't seem to cope with as well as he should.

Its in the afternoon that Odette and Y/n meet up in the library for their usual tea party that usually end in gossip and questions from Odette being fired at Y/n, which she quite enjoys because now at least someone is interested in her.

'Y/n!, I have something for you!' Odette giggles as she sits down on one of the couches.

'How come?' She replies as she takes the seat next to Odette.

'Its your birthday... you didn't think I'd forget did you?'

'Everyone else does...' she quietly mutters so Odette can't hear. Who does hear it is Loki, nothing goes unnoticed by him and because he's standing only a few feet away from the pair, he can hear their conversation clearly.