Twisted game 🌿 Royal!Steve AU

Song: the Bridgerton soundtrack because it's beautiful.

Imagine; you both want some peace from your families, so you pretend to be lovers to have exactly that.

Here you gooooo!

•••

'Who's funeral are you attending?' Steve grins as he walks up to you and hands you a drink, your black dress representing the evening quite well.

'Well... my own...' you reply and he chuckles at your remark. 'All evening men have been stepping on my feet, or making rude remarks... no respect whatsoever... and why are you standing here with that frown on your face? Ladies have been throwing themselves onto you all night..'

'All they see is wealth and looks...' he sighs.

'Always so humble, Steven...' you chuckle as you take a modest sip of your wine.

'I can't believe my family keeps pestering me about marriage... I am not that old..'

'It's the same with me, if it's any comfort...'

'It is actually....' he smiles back. 'Take that lady for example.. my mother has been commenting things about her all night.. none of which are true..I need someone who is sharp, who doesn't take anything from anyone... who is smart and not empty headed like everyone here...'

'Are you calling me empty headed my prince?' You chuckle. 'No! No of course not! You know better than to think that...' he replies quickly. 'What about you?'

'I need a man who isn't such a jerk to begin with... who makes me laugh... makes me forget that I am at this stupid party... who makes me forget about royal duties for just a moment..' you take another sip.

'Why don't we pretend?' He suddenly speaks his mind. You choke on your wine. 'I'm sorry?!'

'We're both tired of our parents trying to marry us off right?'

You nod slowly, waiting for him to continue this outrageous plan of his. You set down your wineglass, not trusting your shaking hand at this point.

'So why don't we pretend... in the meantime we both can look for other people but... it would certainly soothe our parents...'

Now that you listen to it, it actually sounds like a solid plan. You're both friends already, you could easily sell this lie. You would get some rest from your parents. 'Let's do it...' your mouth moves faster than your mind does.

'Really?' Steve asks for conformation. 'Because if we do this I need to be certain this is what we both agreed on...'

'Yes Steve.. I would happily start a fake relationship with you...' you chuckle.

He offers his hand with a charming smile, like only Prince Steve Rogers can give. 'Would you like to dance?' He asks and you courtesy before taking his hand. 'I would love to.'

Ever since that evening, the two of you have been pretending to be courting each other, from kisses on the cheek to dancing all evening. You're born actors.

Your parents finally backed off as well and you are be able to find a man that you can fall in love with. All while being in the trusted hands of Steve. But reality is often different.