TENET pt.1 🌿 Avengers

Song: Ruelle - madness.

Okay so idk if you're going to like this, but I'll continue writing this because I just have to. 😂

Imagine; you have a power to bend time to your will, you use that to your advantage. Fury finds you left alone by your previous squad, he needs your help. (Yes I just saw Tenet, and it was AMAZING, so I changed it up a little to fit in this universe...enjoy)

Okay so short explanation, your power is that you can invert time meaning that you can switch back and forth from the world moving forward to everything reversing, if that makes sense.

For example if you were to toss a coin away, you can alter time to make it glide back into your hand. You don't need anything for it, no machine no nothing.

All you have to do is make the tossing movement in reverse.

If it doesn't make sense don't blame me because Tenet is still a very complex thing to understand for me too.

•••

You gasp awake and sit up straight. Your chest heaves as cold sweat slowly starts to coat your body. You weave a hand through your now wet hair as you try to catch your breath.

'Bad dream?' A deep voice comes from the dark corner of the room.

You don't startle, you're not shocked, of course you saw this coming. You're always one step ahead.

The man slowly rises from his chair and moves into the light casted in your room by the moon.

'What are you doing here?'

'You tell me... I have a feeling you already know the answer to that question...'

'I'm not going back... I already saved the world from future generations... I used my power and look where it got me...'

'And now people from the future have developed a machine that can make them invert time.. the same like your power...'

'Sorry if my disbelief is written across my face...' You get out of bed and stand in front of Fury.

He reaches into his pocket and you move your hand, making a gun glide into your hand.

'I'm just going to prove it to you.. relax...'

'You show up in the middle of the night and you're telling me to relax?, how long have you even been in my apartment... no no.. how did you even find my apartment?'

'You cover your tracks, I'll give you that... but not good enough for us not to find you..' he pulls out a bullet from his pocket and you frown as he sets it on the dresser.

'This bullet is not from your collection, neither is the weapon it came from since you're always careful...' he continues on with the explaining as he holds his hand up above the bullet.

'You're supposedly the only person in the world capable of reverting on your own, but somehow... someone found something to mimic it...'

You watch as he makes the movement that would normally drop the bullet, but now it glides back into his hand.

'Which would mean...'