Mob AU part 5 🌿 Bucky

Song: Chris Vrenna - Moorgate.

'Seems like it's not too deep...I...' she looks up at his chest, not because she's checking him out, okay maybe a little bit but she's surprised to see no tattoos.

She remembers the night she dropped off the papers, Steve clearly had tattoos. So how come he doesn't have them now? He doesn't seem like the type to try those fake ones. And then there's the whole cut in the side which he hasn't addressed yet either.

'Didn't you have tattoos?' She asks confused. 'No I don't...'

He hastily hops off of the counter, which is a bad move. He hissed at the pin but nevertheless rushes to get out his phone.

'Steve, when are you going to tell me what's going on?! You stand at the door with a large cut in your side, you freak out now? What's going on?!' She demands.

'Are those the tattoos?' He shoves his phone in her face. She squeezes her eyes to see the picture. 'Yeah but wh-'

'FUCK!' Steve yells out making her gasp. 'I'm sorry... but Y/n... you, Damian and Bucky are in danger...'

'We're always in danger... especially me since you threatened to kill me the next time you saw me...'

'It wasn't me... Y/n... I would never say something like that to you...'

'Oh really... do you think I'm stupid Steve? Ever since Rumlow accused me, you have been loving the fighting going on between me and Bucky... you loved it when he decided to show me what happens to people who snitch..'

'What?' He asks confused. 'Fighting? Showing you what happens to snitches... Y/n what did he do?'

'Oh I think you know... don't try to fool me Steve... at that party you were smirking all the way when he wouldn't let me see my son!' She snaps back at him.

'It couldn't have been me... Y/n I just escaped being locked up for months... I got away from Hydra... but that man who threatened you was not me...'

'Then who was it?'

•••

'Steve, You sure about this I mean... I saw the evidence... it couldn't have been her.. it was definitely Rumlow and then some other people...'

'Are you sure about that? Listen Bucky, Hydra's leader.. he's...'

'He's what?' Bucky sighs, rubbing his head.

'It's my brother...you know he looks exactly like me... I just found out he's out of jail.... he could be planning something.. he could be over at your house with some lame excuse.. I know for a fact that Rumlow is working for him...or was... now that he's at the bottom of the Hudson..' He comments, that raises Bucky's suspicion.

How could Steve know that Rumlow is currently floating around the Hudson? Bucky is the only one who knows, besides Y/n of course. He decides not to think too much of it, she must've told someone else.

'My business is my own James... I never tell anyone else about it...'

'Why?'

'Because... It's nobody's business and it protects you and Damian if the cops ever ask questions.. I mean I would tell you if you really want to know but...'

Bucky frowns as he recalls the short conversation they shared not that long before Damian ended up in the hospital.

'You okay man?' Steve asks and he nods. 'Yeah yeah... just.. zoned out.. I've been under a lot of stress, with Hydra and then with Y/n...'

'Really? I've been meaning to ask, how is it going between you two?'

'Uhm..' Bucky has to think fast, this clearly isn't Steve and if he recalls correctly, Steve mentioned a brother, he was in jail, as he mentioned at the time. 'Things haven't been going that great...' he lies.

'Oh.. sorry to hear that...' Steve puts on his best fake smile. 'Well maybe that's for the best, given that she lied about everything...'

'Yeah... You're right...'

•••

'So... you have a brother?'

'His name is Ransom.... I.. I don't like to talk about him that much... I haven't really spoken to him after he went to jail.. I guess he got out...'

'Does Bucky know you have one?' She asks.

'Yeah he does...' Steve sighs as he reaches for his button up. She snatches it out of his hands and shows him the red stain.

'Then you must know what he's up to then?' She signs him to walk with her.

She walks over to Bucky's closet and pulls out another button up, if she recalls correctly, they're the same size. 'Thanks.. and yes...' Steve answers.

'He's in jail because of me and Bucky... he was spying on us, but we couldn't just beat him up like we would with anyone else...' those words hit Y/n harder than Steve realises. 'So we figured we'd expose him and Hydra.. that's why they were out of business for so long... I think he wants revenge... he kidnapped me... killed.. he killed Peggy...'

'No...' a hand goes up to her mouth in shock. A few people she liked, she considered them friends, Peggy was certainly one of them.

'And from what I'm hearing, he's trying to rip you and Bucky apart... and it's working...' Steve sighs.

'DAMNIT!' Now it's her turn to yell.

She paced around the room. This is too much, Steve having a brother that is now causing this drama, trying to tear you and Bucky apart. Trying to take over New York.

'Y/n, I know this is a lot to take in... but I need to know what Ransom did...'

'Rumlow asked me to join Hydra, I refused and when I went on a vacation with Bucky.. Hydra visited us, they shot Damian... Bucky and I apparently were still too strong... I guess he tried to stir things up again, Rumlow said he suspected me of being a spy-'

'And that set Bucky off... that sonofabitch!...'

'Bucky he uh... he hurt me pretty badly... and I was dismissed from the hospital too early... the night.. Ransom.. threatened me... was the same night I dropped of evidence and divorce papers... I passed out on the street... He wasn't counting on that I'm sure because Bucky spend everyday at my side... no matter how tough I was on him... he also wasn't counting on me moving in again...'

'Where is Bucky now Y/n?' Steve suddenly asks. 'I don't know he... oh no...'

'Y/n?'

'He had a meeting... with you...but since you're here...'

'LET GO OFF MY DADDY!' Damian suddenly yells from the hall.