A princess of the people 🌿 Royal!Sam Wilson

Song: Eternal Eclipse - born from ashes.

Imagine; Sam is the knight and you're the princess, (original I know).

Outfit inspiration:

•••

He was captivated by her beauty the moment she carefully came down those steps. Her dress seem flowing around her like there was some higher power moving it for her. It wouldn't even surprise him if there was.

Their eyes set upon one another at the mere age of 12, both still children, but when young Samuel saw Y/n all grown up, he couldn't help but stare.

Its no secret the two didn't get along, not at all. Raised so different. She is a Princess! And Sam, he came from a poor family, raised into a Knight for her royal highness safekeeping.

That same dress she wore that day is in ruins now, covered in mud and torn to shreds by those brutal men. The men Sam should have been able to stop. He is her knight in shining armour after all. Quite literally.

He glances over to her. She is sitting upright against a large stone, peering out in front of her. Her gaze empty and numb. Her knees are up to her chest, her skin has drained of colour for the most part.

It's cold and snow covers most of the trees and the roads. It's certainly not a temperature you should be in without any sort of cover. But they had no choice.

Hydra struck down fast and coordinated that the king and queen laid dead at their daughters feet before she even realised they broke into the castle.

Sam was quick to step between her and the aggressors. He drew his sword and fought off most of them before pulling her by the hand.

Y/n bunched up her dress and ran with him. She had no other choice. Her parents, dead, her kingdom now overtaken by Hydra. They already invaded the castle, it would only be a matter of time before someone would kill her and take the throne.

So she ran with him.

'We have to move if we want to be there on time...preferably before sunset..' Sam speaks up. She hums to let him know she acknowledged him.

'be where?' she suddenly turns to him, as if she took a moment to process his words.

'my family home.. we can get shelter there, there we will be safe for a while..'

She frowns at him, she never even thought that he had a family, if he really has one like he's telling Y/n now, he surely never spoke about them. But then again, he rarely spoke to her about anything, it wasn't her lack of interest though, no, that was all him. She always tried asking him about things like this, but he never did want to answer them.