ANGSTY PT. 2 🌿 Steve/Bucky/Nat (request)

Song: Carla Morrison - todo pasa.

You asked so I complied.

'Buck?' Wanda asks as she walks into the room you're laying in.

He doesn't reply, he just stares at your face, it's like nothing happened and you're just sleeping. Thanks to Tony, your wound could be closed so it would look more peaceful and less disturbing.

Out of everyone Bucky is the most broken up about you being shot and dying from it. You were his best friend, his rock, his caretaker and now you're not there anymore.

And he blames Steve for it. So that leaves him with the team, the only person he trusts enough is Wanda. She has helped him cope with this since she was also one of your best friends.

She comes up next to him and gently places her hand on his, getting him back from the web of thoughts he is trapped in at the moment.

'Hey...' she softly whispers.

'Hey...' his voice is groggy from the accessible amount of crying he did over your death.

'You should sleep...like everyone else... tomorrow won't be an easy day...' she swallows the lump in her throat of seeing her friend lay there like that.

'I want to spend every second I have left with her... I'll sleep when she's buried...' Bucky answers.

Wanda softly pulls him away from the open casket. She pulls him to the front row of chairs set up for tomorrow.

It stays silent for a while as both her and Bucky stare at the coffin picked out by Tony. It's all black, with red silk covering the insides. Just like you would've liked. Small golden details, it was all so.. you.

A soft chuckle escapes Bucky's lips making Wanda turns her head towards him. It may have looked like he found this funny but that was absolutely not the case. He was chuckling because of the memory that flashed his mind for a moment.

Wanda takes his hand in hers again, she lets her powers do the work for her. She searches through his mind and stumbles upon the memories of you and him.

'Okay but like if you had to choose right... would you rather... fight like an army of ducks...or-'

'Y/n are you serious?, an army of ducks?' Bucky chuckles.

'Wait!, I'm not finished!, would you rather fight them or like a hulk sized duck...'

'Why is this even a question?'

'Just answer it!' You playfully shove him.

'Okay okay... Uhm... I feel like I would fight one hulk sized duck because it's just one duck..'

'I knew it!' You giggle. That's what made Bucky chuckle too.

Wanda smiles as she experiences the same with Bucky. So she digs further. Anything to make her see y/n happy again. But she doesn't have to dig because Bucky starts talking. He's clearly not that comfortable with Wanda digging around there, afraid she might find something he wants to keep private.

So of course Wanda pulls back, especially after she remembers you giving her a lecture about it.

'It's so weird to not have her here anymore...' he speaks up and Wanda nods.

'It all seems so quiet without her sarcasm... and her ability to make so many people laugh... even though she went through the worst shit ever, she still put on that facade and carried on like nothing happened...'

'And those dirty jokes... god the mouth on that woman..' Wanda chuckles.

'And then the weird remarks, those weird facts, like where did she even get those from?'

'Pinterest probably... with the amount she spend on there I wouldn't be surprised...' Wanda replies and Bucky smiles as he shakes his head.

'You know what I'll miss most?'

'Tell me...'

'The late night talks... where she would throw everything out and I'd listen... and then I would throw out everything and she would listen to me...'

'Yeah I had that with her too... sometimes... it's nice...because she understands... she understood us and we understood her...'

'And then her favourite quote... "if it unnerves people, I like it"...god I will miss her..' Bucky whispers, but no tears this time. Just a long sigh.

'And that's okay Buck... because you're not alone in this... I'm here, Tony's here the whole team is here...and she's not gone... only her body is... and I am convinced she's at peace now...'

'This world was way too cruel on her, first hydra, then her ex boyfriend, then Steve...' he tenses up and she gently lays her hand on his arm.

'Like I said, wherever she is now, she will have a lot more peace and yes it will hurt... but the fight is now over for her..'

'You're right...' Bucky sighs.

Wanda looks at you again and remembers the last words she heard from you.

'Take care of him for me...when I'm gone...'

'Y/n... you're not planning on-'

'No no!, no absolutely not I mean yeah I'm fucked up at the moment but not that fucked up..I'm just saying that if something happens to me... I need you to take care of him for me...'

'Yeah of course...'

It's like you knew something would kill you, but Wanda only things about the promise she made. She has to take care of Bucky now.

'I'm really glad you're here Wanda...' he confesses.

'Anytime...' she squeezes his hand.

She's convinced somewhere you're looking down at them, smiling that Wanda was able to keep at least one promise to her friend.

Maybe you even hoped they wouldn't join you soon, it gave her enough peace to think about the peace you must have now.

And it works for Bucky too. He really needs Wanda to help him through. Just like you always said.

Even though you're gone, you're still putting people above yourself. You left a mark.

And Steve?, well he has to live with the guilt for his entire life. Just like he should.