Mob AU part 2 🌿 Bucky

Song:  Kyddiekafka - walk.

WARNING : Just like the last chapter

'The world ain't kind to you is it Misses Barnes?' The nurse asks as she checks the machines.

'Not really, no...' Y/n sighs.  It's been a week since she arrived here, and yet she hasn't set foot on the ground for other than going to the bathroom, with two nurses supporting her.

'First you come in here with bruises and find out about the baby and now you're bleeding again because of stress... If you want I can always remove Mr. Barnes from the list... if that makes you more comfortable...'

'That's sweet.. but trust me when I say that he always gets what he wants...that's just the kind of world I'm getting sucked into, that I've been living in since the beginning...'

'you can tell me anything you want.. I am sworn to secrecy here...you know, given that this hospital is specifically for people like you and Mr. Barnes...'

'I'm okay...but thank you for the offer...' she replies with a small smile. 'Could you do me a favour though?' She asks.

The nurse nods with a smile. 'Can you hand me that bag?' Y/n points to the very expensive handbag in the corner of the room. The nurse picks it up and carries it over to the bed.

'Thank you...'

'Okay.. I'll be going now, if you need anything just press the button...'

'I will...' y/n waves her off as she starts digging into the purse again.

The nurse disappears around the corner and immediately Y/n pulls out her phone and unlocks it. She goes to the pictures and swipes through them. This is her coping mechanism now. Swiping through the pictures taken in much happier times.

Sure their day to day jobs aren't that pretty or happy. Quite the contrary. But there's one thing that Y/n always falls back on, or at least fell back on. Her family, her husband and son, or her friends, who turned out to be fake friends.

She stares at the picture of her son. A smile plays on her lips. She swipes and there is a video of Damian imitating Bucky at the dinner table. It never fails to make Y/n laugh.

Y/n leans back against the pillow, laying the phone down beside her and closing her eyes. She hears someone entering, a sigh leaving her lips, she's definitely not in the mood.

•••

'I want to get away... just the three of us...' Bucky mummers against her lips.

She pulls back for a moment, laying her head back against the bed with Bucky hoovering over her. 'You sure? I mean with everything going on?'  Her hand caresses his cheek softly.

'That's why I want to get away for a couple of weeks, I haven't been home a lot and I miss both you and Damian... We could go somewhere and not tell anyone where, no work just us..' he nips at her bottom lip.

She pulls him down into a passionate kiss. The man never ceases to amaze her. He can be so cold and heartless, but oh so romantic and loving behind closed doors.

'I love that idea...' she breathes. 'You and Damian all to myself for a couple weeks... it would be a dream...' she smiles.

'Y/n...'

She hums at the mention of her name. She looks into his eyes. The blue orbs of Bucky boring into her eyes. 'You know I love you right?'

'Of course I do... I love you even more...you know that right?' She teases back and he chuckles. 'I mean it doll...'

'So do I... we don't tell anyone else where we're going... you will finish work this week and after that we're gone for a couple weeks... I'll arrange everything...'

'You're an Angel...' he kisses her again and again.

•••

It pains Y/n to even think back to that evening, if she hadn't planned everything, he would've believed her earlier. None of this would've happened.

'You're awake...' Bucky speaks, her mood turns sour, for as far as it wasn't already sour.

She doesn't reply to him, she just watches him like a hawk. 'I've seen everything now... heard the tapes..'

'Good...' she nods.

It gets dead silent again between the two. It's funny considering that there used to be no awkward silences between them, ever. There were silences of course, but those were content ones, where neither of them had to speak to be able to communicate. That seems so long ago now.

'How long have You been here?'

'Not long.. an hour maybe?' He answers. Just for a second it's like everything is normal.

'Oh...'

'There's some bad news though.. I've been trying to find Rumlow.. so I can make him pay... we can't find him..'

'That's because he's at the bottom of the Hudson right now...' she nonchalantly replies. She's not one for sugarcoating about her work.

'Excuse me, what?' Bucky replies shocked. 'Like I said.. he's at the bottom of the Hudson...'

He keeps gaping at her and she rolls her eyes in response. 'I'm still capable of handling my own business Barnes.. always have... you didn't actually think he would make it alive did you?'

'No... I was just surprised is all...'

Y/n fights the urge to smile at him, she doesn't know what it is but somehow she has the urge to smile at his words.

'I uh... I want to show you how sorry I am...'

'Bucky please-'

'Y/n...' he stops her from brushing him off so easily. 'Damian wants to visit you...'

Y/n's eyes fill with tears at the mention of her son. She looks away from Bucky's eyes, unable to look at them any longer.

'And I want to bring him... I know I fucked up... big time.. there is no denying that.. and no forgiveness for the things I did... I shouldn't have kept Damian from you.. so I want to at least bring him.. if you want that of course...'

'That would be nice..' she replies fiddling with her fingers.

'He's caught up in the middle of this and I don't want him to be...and he has a right to see his mom...' Bucky replies with a sigh.

She just nods at him, unable to say anything. How does one react to being told they can finally see their son? How does one react upon hearing that the man who caused so much pain, offers to also take away some of it?

'So it worked?'

'Like a charm... she's too scarred to ever want him again... and he.. well.. he's a fucking mess behind closed doors...'

'Shame about Rumlow though.. he was a valuable guard...'

'Yeah he was... guess he will guard the Hudson now... anyway... we will have to wait to strike... Bucky will finally fall.. his whole mob will fall... and without her, he doesn't stand much chance..'

'And here I was thinking you were loyal..'

'They for this coming for them... especially Y/n..'