The Hunger games (part 17) (ending)

Song: the Mockingjay soundtrack

'This is dangerous..'

'No guarantee I'll make it out alive...' You reply as you fasten the straps of your suit.

'You got this y/n... think about how much she has ruined for us, how she took away your chance of a happy life... how she will take the life of a thousand more people if we do not stop her now...' Bucky softly rubs your cheek with his thumb.

'I'm scared... it's weird saying it out loud but I am... she has always been two steps ahead... who is to say she isn't now?'

'Y/n... look at me...baby..... If things go south, I will be the first to come running.. you remember the plan right?'

You nod, 'Act like I'm going to shoot Snow... then aim for Coin and pull the trigger...'

Bucky places his forehead against you and your breathing calms, it always has done that whenever he lays his head against yours.

'One last time baby.. that's all we need... this will all be over I promise you... when this is done we will move far away from here... start a life with Coraline and Emily...'

'I can't take any more... I want this to stop...' you feel your lip quiver.

'It will...just this last thing... you can do this...we can do this y/n...'

You inhale before giving him a small nod. He wraps his arms around you and you bury your face in his neck for the short time you have left.

He lets go and holds up his pinky finger. Just like old times. You wrap yours around his before pecking his lips.

'I love you...'

'I love you too...' you whisper back before turning away from him.

•••

Dead silence consumes the whole tribute walk of fame, so to speak. Nobody makes a sound as you walk your way up to Snow tied to a wooden pole.

You have wanted this man to die for years, every time you saw his face, you wanted nothing more than to wrap your hands around his neck and watch him struggle.

But now, as you inch closer to the old man, you find yourself more angry at someone else. Snow was just a pawn in a chess game, designed to never be in the favour of the opponent. And Coin?, she was the queen in it all. Able to make every move she wanted, take out anybody who stood in her way. Not anymore, that ends today.

Snow laughs at you, he clearly knows what you're up too, how could he not?, he has been able to read you from the very beginning. Like an open book.

You take the gun from your thighholster and point it at Snow.

'You silly girl... do you think the people will understand if you kill her instead of me?' He is close to chocking in his own blood, the wounds in his mouth no longer medicated.

'Because when you do, she will end, but will the other districts agree to that?, you won't get another chance like this... I'm already dying...'

'Might as Well wait and make you suffer...' you seethe.

''Haymitch... we need that footage... she is focusing more on Snow...' Bucky bursts into the room Haymitch hijacked.

'What could he possibly be saying that makes her lose focus like this?'

'I am the one who made you suffer, and if you're willing to let me live... you are truly as weak as I thought...'

A gunshot rings through the air making everyone gasp. It again gets silent as you watch the blood drop from Snows head right into the last white rose he has pinned on him.