You have some nerve pt. 2 🌿 Bucky/ Steve/ Sharon (request)

Song: Halsey - without me (Nurko ft. amp Miles Away remix)

'Wow y/n!, you haven't missed a single target at practise...' Tony walks in quite shocked as he holds up the results.

You don't even look up from your phone, ok busy texting with Bucky, who is on a mission with Nat right now, coming home tonight.

'Yeah I just..' you pause to type your text. 'Imagined it was Steve...' you reply making Clint spit out his water.

'That's so uncalled for...'

'As are you..but you don't hear me complaining do you?' You turn to Sharon with a smirk.

'You know what y/n-' she pushes herself from the couch but Steve stops her.

'Sharon let it go..' Steve says stern making her slump back against the couch again while you let out an amused chuckle.

'Yes Sharon.. be a good girl and listen to America's golden boy...'

'Y/n that is enough!' Steve turns to you.

'Oh I'm sorry... did I hurt your feelings?'

And here's the example of how Hydra tempered with your mind, you turn back into the same bitch you were when Steve found you. It makes Steve audibly gulp once he hears that tone of voice again from you. And that look in your eyes doesn't go over well either.

'Well at least Steve likes me better than he likes you..' Sharon can't keep her mouth closed.

'Well now that's just makes you so fucking lucky doesn't it?'

'Why so salty y/n?, can't handle the truth?' Sharon teases.

'Sharon stop...' Steve hisses.

'I bet you're lying awake at night..' she slowly rises from her seat and moves to where you're sitting, getting up in your face.

'I bet you're lying awake, thinking what the fuck could possibly be wrong with you that makes Steve turn you down, that makes him talk so little of you...' she grins.

'Or better yet... using Bucky as a rebound for your own failure that must tire you out right?'

You stand up, making her step back a bit. 'Y/n enough.'

'You should put your girlfriend on a fucking leash Rogers..' you turn to him.

Before you know it, she pushes you.

'You have some fucking nerve..' you say calmly before punching her straight on her nose. She steps back clutching it while whining out.

'How dare you say that I am the one using a man to get what I want.. fucking hypocrite.. you're just a bitch that doesn't know her fucking place, you're not an avenger, you're just some rookie agent.. you think you're better than me because your last name is Carter.. well last time I checked, a last name doesn't make you superior!'

'You're just jealous!'

'Of what?, you having Steve?, after what he said.. Everything vanished... if you don't want me to break you in half, you stay out of my fucking way...I don't need Bucky's help to fight you if necessary!'

You turn and walk away from everyone, if you stay you're almost guaranteed to end up in a pretty big fight.

'You're a fucking freak!, no wonder nobody wants to hang around you!, everyone despises you!' Sharon yells making you stop in your tracks right next to the kitchen island.

For someone who claims to be a good agent, her timing is really horrible.. for her sake of course.

Your blood is boiling, you're literally seeing red right now and she knows.

You look next to you and see the kitchen block with knives standing there. You take out one and turn around, throwing it her way and barely missing her head.

'Do shut up...'

'We're not done y/n!' Steve yells.

You laugh at him.

'Yeah we are... you fucked up, 7 years of friendship down the drain and it doesn't even mean shit to you.. you don't care that she's mean to me, you only care about her, that night I needed you to step the fuck up!, and you didn't!, so I do what I fucking want if she keeps forgetting where she belongs!, consider the knife a warning...next one ends more painful for either of you..'

'You know.. I should've just left you in cryo.. it would've saved me a lot of trouble!' He yells and everyone gasps.

Including Nat and Bucky who just so happen to be back from their mission.

You didn't respect him to be so mean, you thought he said the worst he possibly could that night but turns out people still surprise you sometimes.

You shake your head as you turn your back to them again, walking away shaking.

•••

After Bucky gave Steve a piece of his own mind, he went to look for you everywhere. Your shared room, the training rooms, the shooting range.

But you weren't there. He had one more place to check, the panic room they made for you and Bucky, in case you got a relapse.

And that's where he finds you, huddled up in the corner, shaking like a straw. His heart sinks when he sees the state your in.

He has experienced many relapses of yours but not as bad as this one. You're pale and mumbling to yourself. Someone without context would say you're a patient from a mental hospital.

'Doll?' He asks, his voice bouncing off of the concrete walls, you gasp and look up to him.

'Oh doll..' he sighs as he takes a step towards you.

'No!' You flinch. 'Don't come closer I.. I don't wanna hurt you..'

'You're not going to hurt me babydoll...' he softly takes your hand as he kneels in front of you. 'I know how scared you are right now... but you won't hurt me...'

'He's right..' you squeak.

'Don't you dare... you know he's not... if you were still in cryo, I would still be feeling miserable and alone, I wouldn't have such a beautiful and funny girl next to me.. and that thing you did in the kitchen?, with the knife?, that was badass and sexy..'

'Why do you always have to sexualise everything...' you chuckle softly.

'There you are...' he cups your cheek and you lean into his palm.

'This will pass.. I'll make sure of it.. until then I will be by your side..'

'Thank you...'

He sits against the wall and wraps an arm around you, you swing your legs over his and lay your head on his shoulder.

'So how was the mission?'

'Less eventful than the last 30 minutes, I can tell you that much.. but Nat did get stuck in the elevator at the hotel so that was fun...'

As Bucky talks on about the boring mission, you feel exhaustion taking over. Bucky looks down eventually to see you sleeping against him.

If he didn't have you, he would've ended himself a long time ago. You don't know that, but what Bucky doesn't know is that he saved you back.

"Wait for the one, don't wait for someone to be the one"