Money has to roll pt. 2 🌿 Steve+Bucky mob AU

Song: Tristan Barton - interlude.

'What do you think Sam?' You ask him.

'I can't look Y/n, I have work...'

'Oh come on... it's not like they will attack me in a jewellery store... nobody knows I'm here except for you and some of the guys...you gotta help me!' You plead, using your best puppy eyes.

Over the past few weeks, Sam has been enjoying his work a lot. Becoming friends with you even. He misjudged you, it happens to most people you meet, but he turned around once he got to know you a little better.

This far he has a couple things down about you:
1. You like to go out clubbing, but you also like staying home and reading books.
2. You're crazy in love with your girlfriend.
3. You're kind to people who deserve it.
4. You don't let your guard down easy.
5. You're tough when you need to be.

'So?' You ask breaking him from his trance. 'Do you think she will like this one?'

'Isn't it a bit too shiny? Wouldn't she like something simpler?' Sam looks around the wedding bands. Searching for something that he guessed Nat would like. 'Like this one...' he picks it up and holds it in front of you.

It's a beautiful ring, you must admit. It's a golden ring, with a small green emerald in the middle. It would look so amazing on her.

'Should I be jealous that you know my girlfriend better than I do?' You chuckle.

'I can read people, it's quite literally my job Y/n... trust me, you know her better than I do...' he chuckles. 'But you should get this one...she'll have to say yes..' he winks and you laugh.

'This one it is...' Sam watches your eyes light up as you say it. 'Thank you, for helping me...you're a good friend... even if you're being paid to be one...'

'That's where you're wrong... I'm paid to protect you... I'm not paid to be your friend...I'll do that for free...'
The smile you give him, makes happiness boil up inside, he really enjoys being friends. James rolls his eyes, much to Steve's frustration.

Steve on the other hand hates his job, protecting James, or Bucky, as he would like Steve to call him. Bucky is the exact opposite of you.

He is cold and rude to people who he doesn't likes. It wouldn't come as a surprise to Steve if it weren't actually the Strange's coming at them for your refusal to marry Stephen, but for Bucky because he's just plain rude.

Steve does have to give Bucky some credit though, because to people he likes, he's charming and kind. To you he's the perfect brother, he's the perfect son to Tony and Pepper. But to Steve? Well Lets say it's clear Steve is not on his nice list.

Steve couldn't be more wrong about that though, Bucky has nothing against Steve, quite the contrary, he likes Steve. But he's too much like one person he wants to forget about, and Steve being a constant reminder, won't do James any good. It sours his mood and makes him act out against Steve.

You see it happening but decide to not interfere. They're grown men, they can handle themselves. When it gets worse, you'll give both men a piece of your mind.

'You really like her that much that you're willing to spend 40,000 dollars on her?' James is sceptical as always.

'I wouldn't expect a man whore like you to understand..' you fire back at Bucky, shutting him down on the spot.

It might surprise Sam and Steve but Bucky can't help but smirk at your sharp tongue. 'Besides, that's nothing to us...' You shrug.

'I think dad will not see it that way doll..'