The legacy pt. 17 🌿 TFATWS (SPOILERS!)

Song: Bishop Briggs - white flag.

Rain pours softly against the apartment window. You smile content as you stretch your body and let out a hum.

Your eyes flutter open when you feel the arm around your waist tightens a little from your movement. Your head turns to the side to see the squished up face of your husband. He's still asleep, of course. And it's adorable.

You turn your head the other way to the large clock decorating your bedroom. 8:30. Well you slept exactly four hours, that's half an hour more than yesterday, score!

You quietly slip out of his grip and replace your body with your pillow, which he immediately pulls close to him. He nuzzled his face in it and you can't help but chuckle.

The past few months have been somewhat better for you. You finally got to marry Bucky and it was easily the best day of your life.

Then there's the not so great thing, the trial they put you under. Just like they did with Bucky. Yours is worse though, because people already hate you, and you weren't quite brainwashed into killing people.

You pull on the first shirt you see, which just so happens to be one of Bucky's henley's. You fiddle the material between your fingers softly before going over to the kitchen.

You pass the many new photos in your shared apartment. Those being of the first time in months you looked truly happy again, who knew Sarah was such a good photographer? She truly captured the happiness that day.

You stare at it. You remember that day very well, it's your happy place whenever you feel like raging out, you just remember the moment you said "I do" and you'll calm right down.

It took you over five years to say those words, but it was all worth it in the end. Not that anything really changed except your last name, Bucky still loves you just as much, and you already lived together.

You feel two hands softly come up your sides as a kiss is planted on your neck. 'Morning doll...' he mutters against your skin before he goes on with his kiss tour.

'Morning Mister Barnes...' the name makes him let out a low moan, someone is excited.

'Misses Barnes... how many hours today?'

'Four... it's more than yesterday...'

'Hmm... we should celebrate...'

'Buck we can't we have to be on time..' you chuckle when you feel his arms wrap around you tightly. 'But afterrrr...' you turn his his hold.

He continues kissing your collarbone making you giggle like a schoolgirl before you grab his chin and lift it up. 'When we get home we can do some celebrating...'

'Sounds like a plan... is that my Henley?'

'What? Where?' You smirk as you pretend to look around.

'So... You're ready for today?' Bucky asks and you let out a long sigh as you sling your arms around his neck. 'Yeah... yeah I'm ready... I mean things are good now... maybe the judge will hear my side...'

'You're waiting for it to change again aren't you?'

'Honestly? Yeah... I mean... I'm not used to anything else... not that I'm not enjoying this... I very much am I... but yeah, I'm waiting for that bomb to drop again...' pain flashes your eyes and Bucky sighs heavily.