The legacy pt. 6 🌿 TFATWS (spoilers)

Song: Ella Mai - love me like that.

'Y/n Maximoff... can't believe my own eyes...'

'Well here I am...' you sass back. You pull against the restraints they put you in. None of them would actually keep you down, but it peaked your interest, why would they want to tie you down?

'You're probably wondering why you're here...'

'No I actually find it very normal to be taken by force, strapped to a chair and have a dog collar around my neck...' you say sarcastically.

'We have had enough of your attitude Miss Maximoff... you've been roaming the streets for years without consequences... your sister took an entire town hostage with even half the power you possess..'

'So? I haven't done anything wrong since I got out of Hydra's grasp...'

'Even though that is true... we can't allow you to roam those streets any longer, especially with the Winter Soldier as your companion...'

'You pardoned him... he's not a danger to anybody anymore... and neither am I... I helped save the world... multiple times... I got my sister out of that illusion...I wiped their minds so that they could live without those memories... and this is what I get in return?'

'We do want to thank you for your service.. but this has got to end...'

The room suddenly glows bright purple. Your crown appears and your eyes glow. It shocks the people around you but not the interrogator. He just stands there and watches you in awe.

'This is exactly what I am referring to Miss Maximoff... your emotions are getting the better of you... which is why you're considered dangerous.. and that is why so many people... hate you...'

The room goes back to the normal lighting. You connect the dots. They're trying to get a ride out of you, simply to confirm what many people already think of you.

'You're trying to get a rise out of me...'

'Do it Y/n... we know you can walk right through that door... without so much as lifting a finger... so do it...'

'No...'

'Fine...' the interrogator smirks. 'We will do this the hard way....' he looks over at his minions in the corner. 'Go ahead...'

They stalk towards you. One holds up a sack while the other walks in with a bucket filled with water. The sack roughly gets pushed over your head. The water follows soon after.

The fabric clutches itself onto your face. You try to breathe through it, the water making it extremely difficult of course.  Your lungs burn from the lack of oxygen. Your chest heaves, you can feel your power trying to fight them off but you hold it. You struggle against the restraints, you're desperate to show them that you're not who they claim you to be.

And just when you're about to pass out from that same lack of oxygen. They pull off the sack again. 'You're a persistent one...usually those mutants give out within the first few seconds...'

'I'm not a mutant.. asshole...' you reply groggily.

'Continue..'

'But sir-'

'I SAID CONTINUE!'

The sack gets pulled back and again the water flows over it. It's a whole repeat of the lungs burning, the power trying to get out and almost passing out because of the lack of oxygen.